Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 SS
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my TBSS last Monday (7/9/07) and have been enjoying the hell out of it (even though it is my wife's daily driver). Well yesterday we were up in Royal Oak, MI for my Aunts 70th birthday. On the way back from the restaurant I was sitting at a red light (on Woodward Avenue no less (you local peeps know what I'm talking about)) and I look in my right mirror to see a red talon/eclipse coming up next to me. The first thing I noticed on it was the aftermarket intercooler as he was coming to a stop. Now, I had my wife, both my parents and my 70+ year old uncle in the truck with me, so I wasn't too keen on racing him. Well, the light went green and he got on it, so I mashed the loud pedal (natural reaction, what can I say :) ). I instantly pulled about 1 length on him. I heard him hit 2nd (could hear his BOV and loud fart can) and spin a little (FWD), and I continued to pull. I shut down at about 60 with my dad screaming something about getting a ticket and I was about 3 lengths on him. I slowed down to the speed limit and he rolled by. I looked over and smiled and the look on his face was PRICELESS...it was a "wtf was that!?!?!" kind of look. He gave me a smile and a nod and sped off. Finally a good sport. I'm sure if we would have kept on going he would have reeled me in, but hey, a win is a win. Damn I love this truck :jerk:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
You one crazy nut job to race with wifey & old folks in the SS. But I have to give you a hand :clap2: for showing some balls and not gettin in a wreck.

How was your uncle, smilin or just shakin his head?

·
Registered
07 SS
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You one crazy nut job to race with wifey & old folks in the SS. But I have to give you a hand :clap2: for showing some balls and not gettin in a wreck.

How was your uncle, smilin or just shakin his head?

The wifey was just laughing, my dad was yelling something about a ticket and the uncle just kind of sat there, then he asked me what was under the hood...:biggrin2: He should be used to some power, he helped design the original hemi back in the day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts