Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So
I call my buddy to ask him how much to install a shift kit because I'm noticing a little slippage on the 1 to 2 shift. He asked for my vin and said that my truck had never been in the shop for anything other than an a/c issue at 5k miles. (my buddy is a mechanic at a dealership).
He wrote up a ticket and said just bring it in and gave me a rental.
I went ahead and bought a Circle D 278mm stall and servos. He also wrote up that there was a humming coming from my rear end so they are going to install a new g80 unit next week. He ran out of time and said to pick it up and bring it back on Monday.
Trans shifts great now and the stall works perfect. Before I could not light up the tires from a stop. Now it's a whole new truck. I'm installing the cooler tomorrow and playing with the tune.
I have efans and a cai. Nice to have friends in certain places. The warranty runs out in Jan. So it's nice that I basically have a new trans a new carrier unit.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah some people are just lucky like that. Good deal.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
Good deal for you but I would be keeping this on the down low. It would suck if this got out and your buddy lost his job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.