Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got dynotuned by [email protected] Feels really strong and pulls hard all the way. I'm doin another cam swap around Thanksgiving when I get home since I ran out of money to do a spec'd cam. I'm also gonna look into some options on intakes.

415 RWHP
419 RWTQ

I was very unhappy b/c I know I have a stock truck intake and stock manifolds but I was still hoping for a 430 rwhp as is.
Mike said with a better intake and 1 7/8'' headers I should hit the 480 rwhp with no problem.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clear up the title, I'm happy with the tune, just not the #'s.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS imperialblue
1,554 Posts
so now when are you going to paint it ....lol and hurry up and get some more money ...want to see the numbers after that..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so now when are you going to paint it ....lol and hurry up and get some more money ...want to see the numbers after that..
Haha. Still gotta get my tranny next wk, then headers, then get back on some 20's and do somethin about an intake. Then maybe throw some paint on.

notfast said:
What do you expect when you build a big motor and leave off some headers?
I was hoping for 430 like it sits.

Also y is the lines on the graph so rough? Is it b/c the converter wasn't lock?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your running fairly low compression also for future plans aren't you?
10:5:1 I'm gonna throw a 100-125 shot on it. I'd like to go front mount but it's turning into a money pit.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Throw me some options Matt on intake wise. Should I port, or what? I don't have the money for a FAST intake.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
Did you do logs with the pulls?
If you've got below 90ish Kpa (Higher the kpa less restrictive the intake system is) then definitely your intake is choking your engine.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDK Devin. I wasn't there. I had to work. I dropped the truck off to them for the dynotune. Not sure what kpa is either.

I'll call them Monday and ask.

·
Premium Member
06' AWD TBSS
1,364 Posts
Did you do logs with the pulls?
If you've got below 90ish Kpa (Higher the kpa less restrictive the intake system is) then definitely your intake is choking your engine.
If below 90Kpa is the low end, what is the typical high end to check the intake being a restriction? Also, is it just the intake or the flow rate of the maf ? stock vs 4" ?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Throw me some options Matt on intake wise. Should I port, or what? I don't have the money for a FAST intake.
You dont have many options. What you really need is a FAST 102 and Alvin's pulley kit.

You may have luck with porting since you have a larger motor, but porting the l92 intake hasnt shown large gains on a 364/370ci motor.

Headers will pick you up a good amount for sure though...so make that your next move.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Quick stupid question would a dyno tune be much better then a regular tune that most of us get here
A tune in person can be dialed in and fine tuned, but a good mail order tune can get you real close if you are just mildly modded (bolt ons). Regardless of which way you go make sure you research the tuner.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You dont have many options. What you really need is a FAST 102 and Alvin's pulley kit.

You may have luck with porting since you have a larger motor, but porting the l92 intake hasnt shown large gains on a 364/370ci motor.

Headers will pick you up a good amount for sure though...so make that your next move.
I was afraid of that answer. I'll do headers first then try to go with a FAST. I will eventually get one, just expensive.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where those numbers with weather correction ? If they weren't be very happy those are some nice #s
No weather correction. Let me just state incase some don't know, I have a built 418ci.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
A tune in person can be dialed in and fine tuned, but a good mail order tune can get you real close if you are just mildly modded (bolt ons). Regardless of which way you go make sure you research the tuner.
Yeah that is all am running bolt on mods intake thermostat exhaust and a tune but I wanna get more out of what I have now till some serious money comes in

1 - 20 of 55 Posts