Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS RWD with some go fast(er) bits.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Budget for larger injectors if you are going to run E85. Even larger if you are adding boost later - think only buy pricey injectors once!
Absolutely. I'll likely be getting my injectors from Fuel Injector Clinic. I've heard great stuff about their parts, and supposedly their flow matching is top notch. Not certain of just how much injector I'll need, but I'm figuring 800-1,000cc should be sufficient to support 700ish rwhp.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
230 Posts
Well, if that's truly the case, I just wasted a year of savings on a full engine build at a machine shop to get stock power. Lol cool.
BTR has a couple "stage 2" cams. Which one did you go with? You might be running out of fuel already.

I needed to go with 42lb injectors on my BTR STG3. It had something like 98% duty over 4500rpm

It was ultimately too much lift, and bent valves...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
BTR has a couple "stage 2" cams. Which one did you go with?
I went with their stage 2 N/A cam (the one that's one step below yours), even though they initially suggested I use the stage 2 truck cam.

I made sure to ask Mark as he was tuning it how the injectors were looking. He said everything was kosher, but I have a feeling it'll be a different story at sea level.

Worst case, I end up using a set of Fast injectors I bought for an LS swap I likely won't get the opportunity to finish. I'll need to double check the specs, but I think they'll be just fine for the TBSS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
BTR has a couple "stage 2" cams. Which one did you go with? You might be running out of fuel already.

I needed to go with 42lb injectors on my BTR STG3. It had something like 98% duty over 4500rpm

It was ultimately too much lift, and bent valves...
Here are the injectors I have. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these will just drop in, yes? No spacers necessary? Edit: correcting myself here. Looks like I'll need the spacer kit after all.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts