Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a tune when my conversion is complete. I have a 04 TB LS and putting a 2002 GMC Sierra 5.3 engine in it. I know I have the engine harness and PCM from the truck that the engine came out of, but I read somewhere that in order to get it to work you have to remove the anti-theft from the computer. Does flashing do this or is this a seperate deal?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Its in the tune, just have ur tuner disable vats.

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I am pretty sure the swap is going to be a pain, I know the frame is different and the mounts are going to have to be welded in, the transmission crossmember has to be cut and moved, and I need a V8 bellhouse on my tranny, the wiring is going to be the fun part. I plan on using the truck engine harness, PCM and fuse panel, just head the anti-theft needed to be disabled. Wasn't sure how to go about that

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
You need the V8 engine brackets, they bolt to the frame and hold the motor mounts. They should let you simply bolt the V8 in, BUT I havent done it so measure and check for yourself. Might save yourself some headache.

Wire it up like an 03-04 LWB 5.3L TB EXT or Envoy XL. Use that PCM OS to make sure everything works.

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine brackets? I have the motor mounts that came with the 5.3 that I bought. I also read somewhere that the EXT 5.3 engine harness will not be a plug and play deal with my LS body. There is still some splicing involved. Guess we will find out when I get to that point. Would be awesome if it would plug righr in though!

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
It wont be 100% PnP, but if you get a LWB TB 5.3 harness, it should be close.

The brackets go between the actual frame and the motor mounts. Look at your frame, where there are 2 diameter large bolts just behind the front coilover, those are the bolts that hold the bracket. It is on the inside of the frame between the frame and engine.

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to look and see. Last time I looked all I seen was the motor mount that bolted to the actual frame, but I'll look again.
I've been looking online for that harness, no luck yet. Might have to go to some junk yards for that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts