Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, It's me. I've been here forever I know. I just wanted to let you all know that while I currently don't represent a Car Care company, that doesn't mean I don't have a plethora of detailing knowledge that I won't share. If anyone has detailing questions, products, process, whatever, just post it up.

I am more than happy to help.
Mook

·
TBSS Fleet Owner
'07 TBSS
13,611 Posts
:flowers: Thanks Mook, you've always hooked me up and all of my girls love you for it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
That's awesome mook.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
901 Posts
Bought some 3SS leather and suede seatcovers
and they are beyond dirty

First,just wondering if my best bet would be to grab a toothbrush
and warm soapy water and go to town on the leather, then
follow up with a conditioner

And second, what is the best way to clean the suede?...

I have contemplated taking them to the drycleaner so they
can hit them with some steam- but I thought that might be
too agressive...

Let me know, Thanks

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How's the SS ?
Thanks for asking! The SS is running fine, knock on wood. A year into the built 70E, and that thing is legit. I'd like to park it, but me not being able to detail for 7 months kinda broke my wallet.

Bought some 3SS leather and suede seatcovers
and they are beyond dirty

First,just wondering if my best bet would be to grab a toothbrush
and warm soapy water and go to town on the leather, then
follow up with a conditioner

And second, what is the best way to clean the suede?...

I have contemplated taking them to the drycleaner so they
can hit them with some steam- but I thought that might be
too agressive...

Let me know, Thanks
There are clearly a few ways to clean your seats up. For the "Leather" pieces. I have found a couple quality cleaners over the years that really knock out the large interiors we have with ease. I know personally that something like Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner combined with a towel and or interior brush will make short work of the "leather." Just make sure that when you use a cleaner like that, you condition the "leather" back up so it stays soft and supple. There are lots out there I like. Just happen to have a few larger bottles of Adam's and SCG on the shelf. For the "suede" or alacantara, I can't say it any better than my close friend Dylan put it, in this post...

How to Clean Faux Suede on the SS

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
I am here at my desk all day...fire off whatever questions you have!

Thanks for asking! I am now taking appointments again both for detailing, and also for teaching...either way. Only stipulation is I am not mobile.

:cheers1:
Mook
We are in denver, can drive up there.

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please PM me with a list of what you would like done, and to what, and I will be more than happy to get you an estimate and lead time.

Thanks!
:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
901 Posts
There are clearly a few ways to clean your seats up. For the "Leather" pieces. I have found a couple quality cleaners over the years that really knock out the large interiors we have with ease. I know personally that something like Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner combined with a towel and or interior brush will make short work of the "leather." Just make sure that when you use a cleaner like that, you condition the "leather" back up so it stays soft and supple. There are lots out there I like. Just happen to have a few larger bottles of Adam's and SCG on the shelf. For the "suede" or alacantara, I can't say it any better than my close friend Dylan put it, in this post...

How to Clean Faux Suede on the SS
I appreciate it man, going to be purchasing some good leather and interior cleaner and mix those two with a little elbow grease

Thanks again!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Hey there, many questions for you. I've just started out in the detailing world. I've done only a handful of vehicles. I'm from a cold part of Canada. So cold, we actually don't use salt, it does nothing lol. However I bought my SS from the east coast where salt is common. And I have what can be described as salt chunks I'm the carpet that barely budge with 60psi of steam any suggestions? I'm using a cyclo polisher, can you recommend a heavy grit cutting agent?

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey there, many questions for you. I've just started out in the detailing world. I've done only a handful of vehicles. I'm from a cold part of Canada. So cold, we actually don't use salt, it does nothing lol. However I bought my SS from the east coast where salt is common. And I have what can be described as salt chunks I'm the carpet that barely budge with 60psi of steam any suggestions? I'm using a cyclo polisher, can you recommend a heavy grit cutting agent?
To get the salt off the carpet? I'd look into the Cyclo brushes, and some Folex. Must agitate out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts