Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal. i finally made my mind up to get out of my truck. it is a 2007 gmc sierra classic
6.0 cammed
heads/longtubs so on...

well now im going to a stock 138k '06 tbss
im wanting to do 90mm tb,cam,exhaust and efans plus tune but what i need to know is whats a go dd cam for these suv's.. ive been looking at differemt companys and so far ive narrowed it down to the v3 attitude cam and the vxr3 cam.

also would it be wise to rebuilld trans or let it eat..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
address the oiling issue, build the trans, add a 3400-3600 stall, use the v3 cam
oil issue as in addind the 7qts or the different oil pan.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about the revised tube from pcmofnc

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
if you want to do an attitude cam, your going to need to upgrade the stall on the truck.
If you upgrade the stall on your truck,, your going to need a built trans because your stock trans is just a ticking time bomb.

What I would do is, Built trans, 3200ish stall, e fans, Fender well intake, headers, PCMofnc pickup tube, then after you have all that do the cam.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I wanna see the sierra

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
I would also add headers

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
I've daily driven my old truck with both the Attitude V1 and Rob cam from PCM. I highly recommend the Rob cam as the gas mileage and drive ability were both significantly better.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,554 Posts
ok here's the deal. i finally made my mind up to get out of my truck. it is a 2007 gmc sierra classic
6.0 cammed
heads/longtubs so on...

well now im going to a stock 138k '06 tbss
im wanting to do 90mm tb,cam,exhaust and efans plus tune but what i need to know is whats a go dd cam for these suv's.. ive been looking at differemt companys and so far ive narrowed it down to the v3 attitude cam and the vxr3 cam.

also would it be wise to rebuilld trans or let it eat..
Welcome to the site. First order of business is to fix the oiling issue before it spins a bearing. Our pickup tube kit works great for that.

IMO I think the V3 would be better for a daily driver type, the driveability in it is excellent, you don't even know it is there (except for the sound and added power of course). You'll want to do a larger stall with it as well.

For the trans, you may as well let it be, and just set aside some sheckels for when it does start slipping. Then I'd upgrade to a Level 5 or 6 from RPM transmissions and call it a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts