Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California and I am trying to make sure I stay as close to street legal as possible on my mods. My mechanic is starting to carry Gibson Headers and, since I've been a loyal customer for years!!, he has offered me a deal on Street Legal Headers from Gibson for around $500 installed.

I would like anyone's opinion on these headers, especially anyone that has first hand experience with them.

thanks for any info/advice!

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Yeah.... I don't think gibson makes headers for our truck, I think he meant a cat-back system, that is worth maybe 1 hp on our trucks... (on the best day)...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
If they made one.. sure give it a try for that price. If it's just shortys though you probably won't gain much with the stock Y pipe in place, that seems to be the most restrictive piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. Much appreciated. I spoke with my mechanic the other day and he said he is going to get me the model number. I know he mentioned they were a new product. He has a 2006 6.0 Silverado and he said he has noticed a few mpg savings on his truck and lot more pickup. I will post the model number when I get it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
question why are you worried about legal? ive seen smog shops trip out even over carb numbered headers.

As for cops i have long tubes/no cats and cutouts and daily drive our tbss for past what 2 years with no issues at all.

Do yourself a favor save up money when smog comes up smog it then do all the mods to it. You have 2 years until next smog is up so changing it back to stock isnt that hard.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Do a set of kooks or arh with high flow cats and you should be fine, but then again I dont California smog laws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.