Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just seeing if there is enough interest on a new Innovate MTX-L wideband O2 gauge, p/n 3844.

Here's a link to what it is:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

If I can get five (total) or more people to buy them, we can get it for $170/each, shipped.

This would be paid to the seller via paypal.

I contacted a seller on ebay and asked how much for multiple units, and this is what he said he would do them for.

I am not making anything on it. Just so you know, the cheapest I've found them for is $179.xx, so figure it's a $10 savings.

Up to you, but let me know, and we'll set it up.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I'm in

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 minutes, what took so long?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I was workin!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
I had one of these and it was a big POS. Never was right and always showing errors. I swapped to the NGK and never had another problem.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bubba, can you elaborate?

Did you have this one, or the LC-1?

This one is really easy to wire up, and it's relatively inexpensive, but I don't need any additional problems.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Damn it! Just got mine a few days ago. Looks to be better than the aem overall but the aem has nicer gauge.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn it! Just got mine a few days ago. Looks to be better than the aem overall but the aem has nicer gauge.
How about a spare, or, better yet, run one on each side so you can check to be sure you are getting good distribution of air from the intake manifold?

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good, but running a bit lean? ;)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Bubba, can you elaborate?

Did you have this one, or the LC-1?

This one is really easy to wire up, and it's relatively inexpensive, but I don't need any additional problems.

Thank you.
It would show error at the smallest of changes. Open the cut out and I would instanly show error. When I was at Alvins AFR gauge never did it so I sent it back for a 2nd one same thing. It would even shop error when I purged the nitrous and there in even connected in any way. I then sent it back and they sent me the mtx-l and It was always off compared to Alvins. I swapped to a Ngk and It was right on the AFR it was tuned on.

my MTX-L works perfectly fine, would buy again bubba must of just got a lemon
Ive had both and they were both off a good bit from Alvins and the ngk I have now.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
The MTX-L in my opinion is just a monitoring gauge, you really need an LC-1 or LM-1/2/3 for tuning purposes and they need to be set-up properly with the software to be accurate...

FYI, I can sell the Innovate 3844 for about the same cost anytime...1 or 20, no group buy needed!

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the explanation.
Perhaps it didn't like fast changes in ratios, as I imagine opening the cut-out would cause a sudden spike in O2, and the nitrous purge could be a sudden fuel spike, right?

Not an excuse, but perhaps the software isn't setup for it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The MTX-L in my opinion is just a monitoring gauge, you really need an LC-1 or LM-1/2/3 for tuning purposes and they need to be set-up properly with the software to be accurate...

FYI, I can sell the Innovate 3844 for about the same cost anytime...1 or 20, no group buy needed!
I've got one of the original LM-1's, perhaps I can use that?

If you can do it for the same price, I would definitely rather give you the business.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Mine reads exactly wat matt tuned it at on a dyno and wat another shop got for the afr using a lm2 (pretty sure that's the handheld one from innovate.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I've got one of the original LM-1's, perhaps I can use that?

If you can do it for the same price, I would definitely rather give you the business.
I wouldn't be making a dime, I would just do it as a courtesy, let me make sure what the stock status is and I will let you know how fast we can have them out...

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I think the MTX-L is a decent gauge. It is fairly accurate and for the purpose of monitoring it does the job of letting you know you are in the range you should be in a convenient package.

It isn't an ECM Lambda Pro, which is what I use on the dyno, but a good gauge to have none the less.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts