Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased some XS power headers with cats and I'm getting ready to install them this coming week. I've read a lot of posts and it seems like remflex gaskets and arp bolts are one of the best options going. (open for debate lol) In searching for arp bolts on the internet I've noticed that there are a few different options. They have ones that specify 1/4in flange, or 3/8in flange, stainless, chromoly, 12pt. I just want to know which ones I should order. If anyone can enlighten me that would be great. What is everyone else's using with these XS power headers? I see that they come with gaskets but I'm Leary on using them. Has anyone used them at all? What is the quality? Thanks in advanced! I can honestly say that this is one of the most informative forums I've ever been a member of. So much so that I rarely have to make a post to find info. :cheers1::yay2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
I used the Remflex gaskets and the ARP stainless bolts. Been about a year and no leaks. The GM gaskets are good too. The gaskets that came with the XS headers was like garbage aluminum foil pressed together (junk).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
I'd get non stainless 12pt bolts for however thick the XS flanges are.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Anyone else care to share what they used on the install. I was thinking of the stainless bolts but I'm just not 100% sure yet. Im pretty sure the flange on these headers are 1/4in thick. I'm going to measure later when I get out of work to be sure. Happen to have any part numbers for the arp bolts you all have used?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts
The flanges should be 3/8
Arp 134-1102 for black moly 6 point
Arp 434-1102 for stainless 6 point
Arp 134-1202 for black moly 12 point
Arp 434-1202 for stainless 12 point

I've run stainless on a lot of aluminum headed motors and never had an issue...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I'm going to order the stainless 12 pt bolts. Anyone have any issues with the steering boot clearance? Seems like it's pretty close to the primary. Is there a heat sock for the steering boot? Lol

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
236 Posts
Yea I'm going to order the stainless 12 pt bolts. Anyone have any issues with the steering boot clearance? Seems like it's pretty close to the primary. Is there a heat sock for the steering boot? Lol

Wrap the steering boot in heat tape.

I used remflex gaskets as well. The ones that came with the system failed on me after 1000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts