Registered
391 Posts
Bad ass!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I know it's a crazy setup but it does function pretty well. I have my external boost, A/F, and Trans Temp all monitored wirelessly to the Ipad using DashCommand. I can record and data log too.

·
Premium Member
08' TrailblazerSS
4,663 Posts
Bad-ass!! I would love a G8... YOURS my friend is F'n sweet. :coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow!! - http://www.demon8designs.com/

Your New Gauge Pod looks great!

The integration of the IPad with the DashCommand is insane!

Every time I see your G8 I think it cant get any better then you outdo yourself again.
Thanks Joe, I clearly have issues! I want to do some cosmetic changes to the exterior this year and next year do a full engine build. Then MAYBE start messing with the TB SS if possible.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Awesome work
Wonder if we can do that with our iphone's.
Maybe develop an app for the Pioneer app radio. I can be your guinea pig i just got the radio yesterday.
LOL

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome work
Wonder if we can do that with our iphone's.
Maybe develop an app for the Pioneer app radio. I can be your guinea pig i just got the radio yesterday.
LOL
I can already do this for you. Even the rear view mirror setup. Iphone needs to be jailbroken though to display the gauge software externally.

On a side note, why the HELL is there not even an aux input on this stupid factory NAV headunit in the Trailblazer? I know there are ways to add one but dang....

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
This is sweet looking. I want it for my TBSS. Don't have a G8.

:coolthumb:

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
Incredible set up! Truly sweet ride!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to install this mirror setup in the TB SS. It is a very common Gentex Onstar mirror found in vehicles like the Chevy Traverse. It is auto dimming too.

I make this module to interface with it:

It allows a couple things to hapen:

1.Bypass the mirror's safety feature to allow the LCD to remain on at all times unless you power it off at the button on the mirror

2. Input 2 composite video sources and auto switch between the 2
Example- You put the vehicle in reverse and the video auto switches to your backup camera. Take it out of reverse and the video switches back to your second video feed(used for showing GPS from an Iphone or gauges like I do)

Here is a video of when I first built and tested this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3IEJFNPOY

Here is a DIY thread: http://www.performancecarweb.com/showthread.php?p=3645#post3645

PCW is an all in one type of performance car forum. Please check it out and participate if you can. Thanks! I'll be doing a DIY install thread here for the TB SS.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts