Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Now everything should fall right into place with the new 4L80E Transmission built for the TBSS by Greg at Phoenix Transmission!

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Looks great. Pardon my ignorance but that's not a ratchet shifter, or is it?
It is a Gate Style Shifter. You have to squeeze the handle for 1st to 2nd, release the handle for 2nd to 3rd, squeeze the handle for 3rd to 4th. It also has the NHRA required Reverse Lock Out.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Other than looking cool I just don't see the use for it with any trans other than a non over drive set up. I don't know of ANYONE that manually shifts their SS. If you do.......why:wtf: It surely doesn't improve times.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
what if your plans was to have a manual valve body? Then you would run this

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Didn't figure I would even need to explain the manual valve body. Besides I think only a few such as Rossler make them, and even he said he was having some issues getting them to live in high hp apps. Don't get me wrong, it is bitchin, just not for the mildly modified SS.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
The 4L80E that Phoenix Transmission built for my TBSS has a Pro Tree Trans Brake and can be shifted Auto or Manual. I wanted a solid shifter that could do anything I wanted and still be legal on the track with a Reverse Lock-Out.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Didn't figure I would even need to explain the manual valve body. Besides I think only a few such as Rossler make them, and even he said he was having some issues getting them to live in high hp apps. Don't get me wrong, it is bitchin, just not for the mildly modified SS.
There are a shit pot of companies that make manual valve body transmissions. Kurt transmission was under 1500.00 bucks. All 3 vendors on here built manual valve body unit. Just off the top of my head RPM, FLT, PHOENIX, PTC all make them to hold high horsepower.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3SS AWD
342 Posts
So back from the dead. I'm wanting to put this shifter in my truck. I contacted Joe and he does not have the templates for the brackets he made. I am hoping someone one here has them or knows who has them. Looks like B&M makes the shifter cable brackets, but not any type of base plate. Any help to make this mod a little quicker and smoother would be great. Thanks.

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Holler at me Chris if you have any luck with this.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts