Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
are you going to be selling the brackets?
The brackets are too expensive to have made up (I dont think anyone would buy them). I would be more then happy to send up the templates for the brackets to you. I posted pictures of the brackets below.

The large bracket bolts down to the same 4 studs that the stock shifter bolted to. The new shifter then drops onto the tabs on the top of the bracket.

The smaller bracket is for the shifter cable. The shifter has a rear exit cable so the pull is opposite the stock shifter. The shifter arm has to be flipped up to reverse the action. The new bracket is made to relocate the cable and align it for the shifter arm.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
The brackets are too expensive to have made up (I dont think anyone would buy them). I would be more then happy to send up the templates for the brackets to you. I posted pictures of the brackets below.

The large bracket bolts down to the same 4 studs that the stock shifter bolted to. The new shifter then drops onto the tabs on the top of the bracket.

The smaller bracket is for the shifter cable. The shifter has a rear exit cable so the pull is opposite the stock shifter. The shifter arm has to be flipped up to reverse the action. The new bracket is made to relocate the cable and align it for the shifter arm.

Very nice. I might have to take you up on that and have some made.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Very nice. I might have to take you up on that and have some made.
I just got done buttoning everything up, rehooking up all the controls in the center console, bolting the seats back in and harnesses. I also did the traction control/stabilitrack button delete (no more pushing and holding). Now it goes right into traction control/stabilitrack off.

I sat in the seat and Damn this thing shifts great! I should have done this a long time ago!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
154 Posts
Great work Joe! Mind sending me the template for the brackets? I have something in mind which would work out great.

If anyone is interested in any of the B&M or Hurst Shifters, send me a PM, I have a great hookup on all of their product line so I can get you some great savings :)

-Karo

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS 3SS
2,733 Posts
Damn that looks great Joe!!! Another good job!! :cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
55 Posts
hay joe really nice setup im getting my trailblazer redone at fastlane right now i got caught in some high water and motor and trans are done. 2 questions first what seats do you have and what all is needed for the shifter setup not trying to copy but that looks really nice

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
hay joe really nice setup im getting my trailblazer redone at fastlane right now i got caught in some high water and motor and trans are done. 2 questions first what seats do you have and what all is needed for the shifter setup not trying to copy but that looks really nice
Thanks!

The seats are custom made by Corbeau to match out interior. I can have a set made for you no problem, I would just need you to send me the cover off your headrest.

The B&M Pro Bandit Shifter, 4 Speed Gate, 8ft Shifter Cable and the Custom Brackets are needed for the install.

·
Kidd
2007 Blue Tbss
1,175 Posts

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
So this thread went from a nicely installed aftermarket shifter to a 8 or 10:71 blown Camaro.

How and why?

·
Kidd
2007 Blue Tbss
1,175 Posts
So this thread went from a nicely installed aftermarket shifter to a 8 or 10:71 blown Camaro.

How and why?
uhh.. Note my quote in my first reply. Joe's comment just got me thinking. Seeing his tbss in person and then hear him talk about the next round of mods for it brings this video to mind.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
If I can get a copy of the template, or a good set of prints, I can make the brackets for anyone who is interested. Not sure on the price, but it shouldn't be too bad. I would have to do a set first. P M me and let me know if your interested.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts