Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google searh on European fuel economy.

In general, cars are far more fuel-efficient in Europe, where gas is much more expensive. In Europe, cars on average get 40 mpg, compared with 20.4 mpg for U.S. cars.

And...from todays Foxnews.com
...Today, gasoline prices in Europe range from $7.24 a gallon in France, to $7.98 a gallon in the Netherlands.

So, my little gripe for today is this...(based on gas prices alone, not cost of living, wages, housing, etc.)
If in fact European cars get twice the gas mileage like they say, then $7.24 a gallon in France equates to $3.62 here. That's 15% higher than what we're paying in northern Illinois right now.

Annoys me how the media makes it look like Europe pays so much more for gas than we do, when mathimatically it's not that much more. Why don't they report that? (already know answer) :2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
most of the cars in europe are diesels as well. I know my SS sucks down the fuel running down the autobahn and we pay something like 3.55 a gallon right now on the base. But when I buy gas off base it costs me like 1.29 a liter and it takes almost 75 liters to fill the beast.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
most of the cars in europe are diesels as well. I know my SS sucks down the fuel running down the autobahn and we pay something like 3.55 a gallon right now on the base. But when I buy gas off base it costs me like 1.29 a liter and it takes almost 75 liters to fill the beast.
Premium, here is about $1.05/L-$1.10/L. Enjoy cheap gas, cause it is going back up. I am in the industry and all the indicators suggest things are going to get stupid like 2 years ago. I will pay a bit more at the pumps, but at least I can have money fights again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts