Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently went to fuel up and my gas cap's tether was broken where it attached to the gas door arm! luckily i was able to order a new assembly on ebay for under $20 but kind of a pain! anyone else have this happen to them? just a question out of curiosity!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
I threw away my stock gas cap and tether the day after I bought my truck and installed a locking gas cap.

·
Premium Member
08 TBSS
5,858 Posts
I cut that shit off!! NJ still has people fill your tank for you, and those idiots like to unscrew the cap and drop the cap against the truck.. No tether needed for me.. Waist of money I think.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine still is in one piece....

make sure your using a good quality gm cap. the aftermarket ones are good for setting the cel for gas cap codes.
it is AC Delco so we shall see the price was right so im not complaining, still have the old cap...

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
make sure your using a good quality gm cap. the aftermarket ones are good for setting the cel for gas cap codes.
I've been using one I bought at Napa and never had a CEL, been over a year now. Before that I swapped over a Stant unit that I had on my '01 S10 to the TBSS when I buoght it, it was 7 years old, never a CEL. :dunno:

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Mine has been broken for a while but plan on replacing it. Must be a common problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.