Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Which product would you like to get next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DISCLAIMER: To save all those who oh-so-love to criticize new proposed parts and prices, new comers to TBSSOwners are encouraged to do a search on "Adam's Y-Pipe" and no "significant HP gain from cat-back exhaust" from the past thread. Yes, the prices are NOT so low that you'd be stupid NOT to buy it...but the cost of quality materials, design, craftsmanship, and packaging is what it is. OK?

Now, for those who, like myself, simply want to open up the power/breathing within the LS2, add some rumble to your exhaust, add some flair to your bumper AND not spend an arm and a leg dealing with the hidden labor costs of installing (and possibly removing) full length headers...read on.

I spoke with a potential exhaust supplier and kicked around some ideas. They do motorsports exhaust systems and have expressed a commitment to insure that I will be provided with a sturdy gauge Stainless with minimal wall collapse in corners if there is demand to re-introduce a dual exhaust system, turbo kit, or 3" y-pipe.

Performance Y-Pipe

Y-Pipe: 3" 304 SS, mandrel bent, laser welded high flow merge, bung holes for O2 sensors and wideband sensors (06/07 and '08/09), flanges to bolt up to factory exhaust manifolds and cat back. $600 + Shipping. High flow cats are not included, but you can choose your cat and it can be added for $100 plus cat cost. Need at least 20 orders

GB Cat-back Dual Exhaust System.
This is the 3" into dual 2.5" over the axle layout. Need at least 7 orders. Ships within 30 days. Here's the deal:
DUAL ROUND

$1150:
-Dual 2.5"406 aluminized stainless (like OEM) pipes w/hangers
-Y-Splitter pipe
-Two 4" polished stainless exhaust tips
-New Flange Gasket ($30 value)
-Painted Dual Round Valance ($100 value)
-48 state shipping ($100+ value)

DUAL SQUARE

$1250:
-Dual 2.5" 406 aluminized stainless (like OEM) pipes w/hangers
-Y-Splitter pipe
-Two Twin 3.5" outlet exhaust tips
-New Flange Gasket ($30 value)
-Painted Dual Square Valance ($100 value)
-48 state shipping ($100+ value)

I will suggest a muffler as a replacement for the Y-splitter, but will not offer one. $75 OEM Valance trade in refund will apply. $200 credit for orders without valance (for those who already have a TBMSport valance).

Exhaust sound videos:
http://tbmsport.com/tbssdiscontinuedexhaust.html

Full SYSTEM​
Exhaust manifold-back: 3" 304 SS Y-Pipe, mandrel bent, laser welded high flow merge, bung holes for O2 sensors and wideband sensors (06/07 and '08/09), 3" into dual 2.5" or 3" 406 SS pipes, hangers, Flowmaster SS muffler, exhaust tips, and unpainted dual round valance included. $1750 + shipping Need at least 10

Production takes approximately 30 days before shipping out to you guys. Only seriously interested parties are requested to post comments. Thanks
Interested? Useful feedback? :popcorn3:

NEW (10/2011) LIST OF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED Parties:

Y-Pipe
1) 1BADLS2

Cat-Back
1) lja32
2) ALLNTRL
3)OutBurst
4-6) Online Customers
7) ?

True Dual Exhaust
1) TBSS Instigator (3" Y-pipe, no cats, w/X Pipe)
2) CMoore711
3) WhiteTBSS06 (3" true dual setup with single tip round exit)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
ORY to connect to stock manifolds! with or w/o HFC would generate alot of interest if the price is right! i know headers can be had for about 600 new now (obx and pacesetter), but id love to buy a y pipe if we could get one for like 200 or so!?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
can we order the full true duals 3" system from the manifolds with no mufflers?? Maybe even if we had to specify the length of our mufflers?? If so, how much would that be??

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
also can the true 3" duals be ordered without the x-pipe then??

·
Registered
973 Posts
True duals with X pipe PLEASE!!!!! I would buy that in a HEARTBEAT!! These exhaust manifolds aren't bad at all IMO.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
I'd like to see a 3" y-pipe that merged to 4" kinda like the mufflex setups. Then I'd just run a single 4" muffler with a y splitter to the tails. I think spintech might have a dual outlet 4" muffler.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...I can tell you guys now...a heavy gauge stainless 3" Y-pipe for under $300 AIN'T gonna happen...at least not off the bat. Flanges, jigs, cutting and welding will be too labor intensive.

HOWEVER, if we can come up with an overall compromise design that can work with the introduction of the true dual, then the costs would come down significantly. With an overall/combined initial interest of 20, let me look into that.

·
Registered
07 Black TBSS 3SS
275 Posts

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
True duals is the only project I think is worth while personally. With the pacesetter headers/y pipe so cheap, it would be hard to imagine anyone would just want a Y for a price they could pick up the pacesetter gear for. Turbo kit, GSS is already in the works on doing that, and there is already a pretty limited market for people with $5k+ burning a hole in their pocket.

A nice true dual kit with some good muffler options, from mild to wild, would be great.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Got to meet my new exhaust suppliers and see their operation...one word AWESOME. By far the best, most professional and perfectionist exhaust guys I've ever met. They even fixed my jig .

With that said, I'm very happy and proud to announce that we will be making a new 304 Stainless Steel, Mandrel bend, Dual 3" Y-Pipe...with O2 threaded bung openings. 3" left and right pipes with flanges to bolt right up to the exhaust manifolds and to cat-back exhaust systems.

Options will include hi-flow catalytic converters, high temp black powder coating, true dual cat-back w/ x-pipe, and regular cat-back, with and without mufflers.

We plan to have one on display at the 2nd Annual New England LS-Engine show in Danbury, CT.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,893 Posts
With that said, I'm very happy and proud to announce that we will be making a new 304 Stainless Steel, Mandrel bend, Dual 3" Y-Pipe...with O2 threaded bung openings. 3" left and right pipes with flanges to bolt right up to the exhaust manifolds and to cat-back exhaust systems.
ANy ideas on a price point yet?

Hopefully under the prior ones so it'll actually sell....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts