Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for switched 12v in the engine bay. ive heard that this is the fuse to tap into. also, i dont know if im going to be overloading it, but is this the same fuse that powers the pink wire in the harness underneath the steering wheel? because my viper system and my swi-ps (steering wheel control adapter for aftermarket head units) are tapped into that wire. i would be tapping my halos into it from my headlights. suggestions?

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
That's what I used.

Have you pulled off the cover and looked? Mine didn't have a fuse there... Maybe its just on 06's

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
power distribution for fuse 22

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aha now i see. so like i said in the first post, does this fuse have any relation to the pink C6 wire in the harness under the steering wheel, and is it a good or bad idea to hook up both sets of halos to this fuse if i have already tapped that wire for my viper and my swi-ps? im looking over the schem and cant seem to see anything

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
The Pink wire is protected by a 40A, IGN B fuse. The pink wire feeds IGN 1 voltage to several fuses including fuse 22, IGN E. Like Eric said, you should be fine, though Im not sure how much power all of those devices are pulling. You could always wire your halos to a relay and let the pink wire trigger the relay and then the relay could power your halos.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
^^^^ what brandon said.

I was taking the relay thing for granted... you should really only use the fuse tap for a trigger.

here's a simple diagram I found on the interwebz, best way to setup your halo's imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts