Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to post this so please move if necessary. so I got the fuel tank dropped tonight and pulled the bucket to have modified and start the return style setup. I'm just not sure what to do with the rest of the factory hoses that I assume go to the charcoal canister and emissions stuff and Evap. Do I get rid of it all? Or should I still hook it all back up. Not really worried about passing emissions.

Frank

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
You can tune out the EVAP easy enough if you want to do away with it. Just make sure its vented properly.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I deleted literally everything. I have a feed and a return line. I also kept the factory vent tube with the rollover safety device attached to it. Ditched the rest.

Reactions: lt1z

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
I deleted everything. I ran a line from the port on the front of the tank towards the back of the truck with a small filter on it. The same small filter a lot of people use on the passenger side valve cover for the PCV system. Was going to use the rear port but want to avoid gas sloshing back up through it on hard launches at the track as that is its primary use.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I deleted everything. I ran a line from the port on the front of the tank towards the back of the truck with a small filter on it. The same small filter a lot of people use on the passenger side valve cover for the PCV system. Was going to use the rear port but want to avoid gas sloshing back up through it on hard launches at the track as that is its primary use.

Is that for the smell?

Frank

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
Is that for the smell?

Frank
Routing it all the way almost to the back bump was more for the smell, the filter is to keep dust and the like out of the tank but still let it breathe.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
I wouldnt delete it all. Needs venting or a vacuum builds in tank as fuel gets pumped out. I tried that on my GN when deleting the evap, and when I opened the gas cap I heard a giant sucking sound.

P. S. - that remonded me of Ross Perot!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sounds like I'm going to keep the evap system for now. However I did get the fore innovations dual pump controller with the 5 psi switch for my second intank pump. What's the best way to wire all of that up. I notice that Brandon ran 2 relays and 2 fuses. Is that necessary or just overkill?

Frank

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Pretty much necessary if you want it to last a long time. You could get away with running just a hot wire to it but most of those kits include the relay anyway.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
I went with the Fore triple setup, but the dual controller should have fuses and everything necessary within too. You'll want to put a 100 amp fuse between the battery and the controller itself. They also sell a wiring kit with those that's essentially the same thing as most amplifier wiring kits. If you email Justin at Fore he can answer pretty much any question you'll have re those controllers rather quickly and will provide PDF instuctions with illustrations etc if you need them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you purchase those relays and fuses. I tried looking them up through waytek wire.

Frank

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I went with the Fore triple setup, but the dual controller should have fuses and everything necessary within too. You'll want to put a 100 amp fuse between the battery and the controller itself. They also sell a wiring kit with those that's essentially the same thing as most amplifier wiring kits. If you email Justin at Fore he can answer pretty much any question you'll have re those controllers rather quickly and will provide PDF instuctions with illustrations etc if you need them.
The only thing I would add is that if you're running 3 walbro 450's a 100a fuse is fine. But if you're only running 2 pumps I would fuse the main power supply at 60a

Reactions: clovisair

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Oh wow lol. I ordered the whole kit with wire and all I just thought I had to add all this too. Do you know Justin's actual email. All I see on the site is [email protected] I'm kinda a visual person so illustrations would be sweet.

Frank

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS/SSS
1,562 Posts
Hey guys I can help you with any of your Fore Innovations needs. I'm proud authorized reseller of their product. I'm working with Justin & Don Fore now to bring a Tbss kit to market designed specifically for our platform. Hit me up if I can help. Text or call 8703187233. Email [email protected]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439657299.261455.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts