Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate how quick a lightly modified f-body that hooks can be. Pisses me off. I raced a '98 m6 last night that had full bolt ons, gears, and some 315's out back from a 20 roll, and of course he jumps me on the 2nd honk and dead hooked. He probably put 2.5 cars on me from just jumping me. My truck doesn't dead hook from a 20 roll on a 75 shot..so it spun a little in first and part of 2nd and I had to play catch up. He ended up putting a car on me from a 20-150ish roll. Haha I was not letting off until he did. I can say that's the first time I have actually geared my truck completely out. But anywho, I'm 95% sure it had more done to it that he was saying because I've murdered plenty of stockish f-bodies and can hang with, if not beat, camm'd ls1's all day long. I just had to get that off my chest, because I've been kind of pissed off about it honestly! And of course he denied jumping me, and wouldn't race me again from another roll and sure as hell wouldn't race me from a dig. pussy.

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
315's on the back of an F body with supporting suspension mods is a HUGE diff over the factory 275's on the SS.... But yes, it don't take much to make them haul ass!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
150 huh.....
Yup. It was buried past 140 for sure. Im not sure exactly what 6600 in o/d comes out to be mathematically but its around there.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Was he out of gear and you catching up? At that speed he should have been car lengths ahead and leaving a suv!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
sorry to hear that bud, i have a torn love between fbodies and tbss..... and yes after you put supporting mods in the car it really helps, i have double adjustable lower control arms, relocation lower contro arms brackets, double adj panhard bar, 315's in the rear and it really hooks...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
175 Posts
Just picked up a 2001 Camaro SS automatic yesterday. It doesn't feel any quicker than my TBSS down low, but up top the Camaro is no doubt much quicker.

Good run, OP. I'm pretty surprised you were able to keep up with him over 80 like that, no less run all the way up to 150 in that beast.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
690 Posts
gotta have some love for the F-bodies!!:D

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
I would think with your mods and the nitrous you should be able to run with a cammed LS1. Something sounds fishy....

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
A bolton fbody should leave most tbss's. My maro trapped 110 with a lid,catback, and 4.10s
120 with a hotcam,headers,4.10s,ls6

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was he out of gear and you catching up? At that speed he should have been car lengths ahead and leaving a suv!
Nope, we both shut down at the exact same time..and I was actually inching him up top too.

What tires were you on?

6600 in O/D with stock tires is 206 mph.

6600 in 3rd is 144.
275/40/20 all I know is that it was well over 140 and it hit the rev limiter..it honestly may have been in 3rd and me not notice.
I would think with your mods and the nitrous you should be able to run with a cammed LS1. Something sounds fishy....[/QUOTE
Yeeah..me too, normally I walk f-bodys like that. Somethin had to be up. But then again, I've never raced a stick f-body that hooked like that.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A bolton fbody should leave most tbss's. My maro trapped 110 with a lid,catback, and 4.10s
120 with a hotcam,headers,4.10s,ls6
Yeah you're right, most bolt on tbss's will get killed by a bolt on f-body from a roll, but I'm hoping for high 11's low 12's in the fall on some dr's. A bolt on f-body shouldn't have hung with me like down low. It doesn't really sound stock..I think it has some sort of stealth cam or somethin, you can kinda hear it baarely. But they swear its stock

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Nope, we both shut down at the exact same time..and I was actually inching him up top too.

275/40/20 all I know is that it was well over 140 and it hit the rev limiter..it honestly may have been in 3rd and me not notice.
I would think with your mods and the nitrous you should be able to run with a cammed LS1. Something sounds fishy....[/QUOTE
Yeeah..me too, normally I walk f-bodys like that. Somethin had to be up. But then again, I've never raced a stick f-body that hooked like that.
Race me.... I stick like a no other.... Have alot more invest than I would like but love it

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts

You were in third because you dont have enough power to pull 6600 rpm in 4th on that tire.

6600 rpm on a 275/40/20 is 136 mph

So to go over 140 you would have had to have your tune setup to wake a WOT shift into O/D.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

You were in third because you dont have enough power to pull 6600 rpm in 4th on that tire.

6600 rpm on a 275/40/20 is 136 mph

So to go over 140 you would have had to have your tune setup to wake a WOT shift into O/D.
It may have been, but my speedo showed past 140. Who knows

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my rev limiter is actually 6700. So maybe that makes up for it because I know my speedo is right

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
my rev limiter is actually 6700. So maybe that makes up for it because I know my speedo is right
How do you know it is right? Many factory speedos are a bit off and with tires 1.6" shorter then stock the calibration in the tune may not be dialed perfectly.

Either way you were going near 140 mph.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah you're right. It's all right in the tune, but either way I was going around there. I just can't believe a "stockish" f-body hung with me like that

1 - 20 of 25 Posts