Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I brought my car in Wednesday for an oil leak, picked it up thursday and all seemed good. Last night I went go look for my cologne in the center console (bon fire party) and its GONE, yep some asshat at the dealerhship stole it. I know for 100% fact I left it there as I always do...

You would think if they were going to take something of value they would have taken my V1 radar or maybe even my amp and subs, but I guess I might of noticed those missing..but no they wanted an $80 bottle of cologne.

wtf!

UPDATE
Well heres the update....

The manger of the dealership just called me back, I explained to him the situation, and expressed to him that I NEVER take it out of the center console. His reply to me was, "you know its funny, I saw a cologne bottle on the shop floor the day your car was here." I gave him the name of the cologne to check if it was mine, he said he would have to get back to me either later today, or tomorrow..

So I guess we'll see how this play out.

·
Registered
n/a
886 Posts
I'd complain. That happened to me before; It may not make it come back but it will be on the record.

Chevy service never fails to amaze me.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Could be a porter, could have been any of them. I'd go back and demand to talk to whoever had access to your car.

I don't think they take the 'big' stuff like radar and such. Easy shit like change, smokes, condoms, lube, tampons, gum and....especially midget strippers are all commonly taken out of greg's car when he goes in for service...

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah petty shit, but still..dont touch my shit..and even more interesting..heres an update

Well heres the update....

The manger of the dealership just called me back, I explained to him the situation, and expressed to him that I NEVER take it out of the center console. His reply to me was, "you know its funny, I saw a cologne bottle on the shop floor the day your car was here." I gave him the name of the cologne to check if it was mine, he said he would have to get back to me either later today, or tomorrow..

So I guess we'll see how this play out

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
This is why I NEVER take my car to the dealer....

I had this happen to me in my 1986 Grand National... I lived in Perth Amboy and the shmoes as the dealer there would clear out my car any chance they would get... cassette tapes (no such thing as in-car CD's back in '86-'87)... tools, change, what ever you left in the car... They had a sign up in the dealership, not responsible for anything left in your car...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
I probably would not complain because I would hate to find out I was wrong and the wife took it in or I did..

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Nice!

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
I trust no one I empty everything out (personal truck). I have seen co-workers work trucks broke into after a night on the dealer lot for service. :fist:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
This is why I NEVER take my car to the dealer....

I had this happen to me in my 1986 Grand National... I lived in Perth Amboy and the shmoes as the dealer there would clear out my car any chance they would get... cassette tapes (no such thing as in-car CD's back in '86-'87)... tools, change, what ever you left in the car... They had a sign up in the dealership, not responsible for anything left in your car...

Guess what, talk to a lawyer and see how much weight that sign actually has....none--if you can prove it.

·
Platinum Hyundai Tech
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,333 Posts
I am a tech my self, and when I take my truck in for warranty work I take out absoluetly everything. The crack head porter that is getting paid $8 and hour might think he can get his next hit by selling all your shit. I don't trust anyone, especially since I am in the industry and see the shit that goes down sometimes. Shit I have given a customer $50 that fell behind the dash. Do unto others as you would want done onto you.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a tech my self, and when I take my truck in for warranty work I take out absoluetly everything. The crack head porter that is getting paid $8 and hour might think he can get his next hit by selling all your shit. I don't trust anyone, especially since I am in the industry and see the shit that goes down sometimes. Shit I have given a customer $50 that fell behind the dash. Do unto others as you would want done onto you.
I really dont believe its the porter, 19yrs old, seems decent, ive talked to him in the past at car meets...But I guess you never know, I really believe it was one the techs. I usually leave nothing in the car also, but who would steal cologne

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I posted this thread on camaro5...ive never met asshats like them! Some of them think im lying, some say why the ef do you keep Cologne in your car, well its better then smelling like smoke +when your still getting laid you need to smell good (guess old camaro owners dont understand this, reminds me off vette guys..i know not all of you are like this)...some say it should of been removed from the car, agreed but again..who the fuck steals that shit.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
I Don't Trust The Dealership Either. I Always Empty Out My Center Consol And Lock The Glove Box. I Make Sure I Do The Walk Around With The Guy. I Also Reflash My SS With A Speed Limiter Of 30 MPH. Their Is NO REASON In The World They Should Have To Drive My SS Any Faster Than That To Move It Around Yard.

·
Bath Salt Powered
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
464 Posts
I trust no one I empty everything out (personal truck). I have seen co-workers work trucks broke into after a night on the dealer lot for service. :fist:
I do the same - always clear everything out of cars getting work done when they're going to be out of my sight.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I posted this thread on camaro5...ive never met asshats like them! Some of them think im lying, some say why the ef do you keep Cologne in your car, well its better then smelling like smoke +when your still getting laid you need to smell good (guess old camaro owners dont understand this, reminds me off vette guys..i know not all of you are like this)...some say it should of been removed from the car, agreed but again..who the fuck steals that shit.
Let's see a link to that weak ass site.....................

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
You guys must all be a buck 20 lbs....I'm 260lbs. I look at the service advisor and say if anyone fucks up my truck I'll be back...................nobody fucks up my truck........ so.................................

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts