Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side front shock is blown and would like to replace with new, OEM replacements. Not looking to lower the truck, etc. I had read GM no longer makes the original blue/yellow Bilsteins anymore. What is my best alternative?

2006 TBSS

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I wanna do the belltech struts to match shocks in the back.

:burp:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
Order them from Bilstein directly. I'm told that they are the same part, not cheapened for GM's TBSS application.
My email to Bilstein a few months back:
I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS that came w/ Bilsteins. I am looking to replace them as they are wearing out, but apparently they have been replaced by AC Delco shocks/struts when using the original GM part number [15125521]. Your site and online dealers do not show any replacements for the Trailblazer SS. Do you offer any options?

Their Reply:
Thank you for contacting Bilstein regarding your application. Although we are original equipment on those vehicles, we do not currently offer an aftermarket version. I confirmed with our engineers that the measurements of the standard option Trailblazer shocks are longer than the SS versions, and thus we cannot recommend them for use. It’s possible that we may be able to offer something in the future, but there may be some contractual obligations to consider before that happens.

We appreciate your interest and hope we can provide service to you in the future.

I just sent them another email asking about making something if there is enough interest (and pointed them to the forum).

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
the tbss shock is 3/4 of a inch shorter than the regular tbs. the 08 ups they used THE SAME in the ss or the regular tbs thats why everyone complains way 08 up rides.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i have 2 pair of stock blue/yellow bilstiens... a set that are on a 39k mile truck that are coming off to do belltechs...

and a pair off my truck with 50k on them that i did belltechs...

if you want the factory bilstiens... i will do them for 125 shipped for either pair you want.

or spend the 190 bucks and buy the belltechs... they ride better... seriously.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
If you are looking for a quick and cheap alternative, find someone on the forum that has a pair of stock front Bilstein's for sale. I would replace the pair so they match on age and wear.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.