Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
Firehawk
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this yesterday after I got the idea to give it a shot... Tried it last night, but needed to push the bowtie out a little more so it'd glow more...

Basically just drilled 8 holes behind the bowtie and put some white 55000mcd LEDs with bases in there, epoxied them so they couldn't move and wired them up. Then ended up using some random nuts to go between the bowtie and the grill to space it out a bit. I also used some liquid electrical tape to seal the soldering on the backside of the grill. I wired it to my headlights, but may wire it to the fogs so I can just turn them on and it'll be lit. I had to use some towels to cover the headlights to get some better pictures of it.

It's different and if I ever wanted to get rid of the LEDs I can easily do so and put it back to the way it was without anyone knowing. :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
696 Posts
hah, this guy!! comin up with all kinda of LED stuff... I love it bro, nice work and very creative:kewlpics:

·
Premium Member
'07 AWD 3SS
221 Posts
Love it! Would be interested in possibly doing this to mine!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
696 Posts
:iamwithstupid: good call anthony!! that makes plenty of sense now:rofl:

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
At first glance..reading the title....I came in to scream "RICE" at you.
But after seeing...I must say...that turned out nice for something soo simple.
Exactly what I was thinking. Its still kind of a novelty to me though.

·
Premium Member
Firehawk
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually have an idea to light up the whole thing, or you can put an overlay on it so there's more of an outline. it'd be a little more noticeable. When it's on now wtih the headlights on, it's hard to see unless you're looking for it. Which I guess is good since it doesn't stand out. :)

Random, but actually got the idea after seeing the sign on this site... http://golddealer.com/

·
Registered
835 Posts
I like it. It's not too bright, or too "LOOK AT MY BOWTIE IN YOUR FACE!!!!". It's very well done. I like the back light effect it has to it. I really thought it would very ricey, but it's not.

Well done.

·
Premium Member
Firehawk
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got a few more LED ideas up my sleeve... Sad part is I've had them for over a year ago since I bought the SS. Just never took the time to do it.. Guess I need to get on it, especially since I've been having the LEDs since then too! :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.