Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was bleeding the brakes on my '06 and doing a general once-over with the suspension and noticed that both front lower control arms are SHOT. I can literally move each wheel about an inch. On both it looks to be the rear bushing on the 'bracket' thingy, not the actual control arm. Of course Im going to be replacing both so Im wondering if Im correct in that I only need to replace the bracket and not the entire control arm?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to me that I can just replace the bracket by itself. Everything on the arm seems to me ok.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Depending on your mileage, it might be more beneficial to replace the whole LCA. Because not only do you get new pivot bushings, you'll also get new ball joints pressed in and new bushings for when the coilover mounts.

Reactions: KA47

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Ditto. I bought the whole assemblies to get the balljoint replaced at the same time. Swap and go.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are right. Truck has 118k on it. It's in very good shape but for the extra money I may as well take care of everything in there at the same time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
111 Posts
I remember Tony saying that GM came out with a new design for the LCA's that corrected a possible fitment issue on these things? Hopefully he can chime in here. If not, anyone have the part #'s needed for the "new design"?

I'm in the same boat. Both front LCA's are shot.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up ordering both from Rock Auto. Always had good luck with their stuff in the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts