Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents! I got a noise in my front end that I can't track down. Anyone here in town willing to listen to it that would know what they were talking about or know a shop that will diagnose for free? I will fix whatever it is making the noise, just can't figure out what it is for sure. I thought it was the front hub at first, but now it will make it a bit even when at a stop. Almost sounds like a mix between a chuffing and clicking sound that gets faster and louder at higher RPMs. It will continue to do it while at a stop but much slower than the engine is turning and barely audible. It is much easier to hear it when inside the truck then when under the hood. I'm about 80% sure its not coming from the transmission or transfer case. It is definitely not audible at all from under the truck at those locations anyways. Last bit of a description of the situation is about the steering. Today, for the first time since the issue, I turned the wheels from full lock to full lock and there was a bit of an almost grinding sound at the extreme locks. The power steering pump makes a little noise at full lock also, but I think it is normal. The fluids in everything are good, including the power steering pump. It doesn't seem like the sound is coming from any of the pulleys, but I could be wrong. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,362 Posts
If it makes noise at a stop you can pretty much narrow it down to something touching the engine. Either front accessories, flex plate/TC, maybe the very front internals of the trans, or engine internals. You can remove the serpentine belt and run the engine to rule accessories out. Only run it for a minutes or two though as the water pump won't be spinning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts