Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TBSS Black 2006
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock everything 2006 with 57k miles. I just did the front pads and rotors exactly two weeks ago and I just noticed a clunking sound going over bumps in the last couple days. I realize it could be a million things but if wanted to recreate the going over bumps action in my driveway to narrow down where exactly the clunk is coming from what could I do? Simply getting underneath and bench pressing it up and down doesn't do it. Tried hitting things with a rubber mallet. I was thinking of getting it real high and doing some sort of seesaw with a board under the tire and hit real hard to compress the suspension slightly.... Not sure.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I have the same problem but mine gets a little squirrely when I hit larger bumps. Let us know what you find.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
I have the same problem but mine gets a little squirrely when I hit larger bumps. Let us know what you find.
Struts, ball joints, sway bar end links.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Struts on mine are SHOT!!! Tim confirmed.

·
Registered
TBSS Black 2006
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, I need to get outta this apartment and get me a shop with a lift so's I can Do Work! Pretty sure if it was closer to Christmas I would just leave the clinks clangs and clungs I have and drive down a road with the proper amount of bumps and make sweet music. Although the screaching belt I get when its below 30 degrees would drown out everything else. :coolthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts