Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck is still under warranty so im bringing it in on monday - my front diff is fucked i already had a mechanic look at it - i have 275/45/20 tires on it now - can they blame it on that?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Front diff broke or the front drive spline?? Usually the diff itself doesn't break. You can't blame tires on something like that. It's an AWD system that doesn't allow much slip in the tires even on factory rubber.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the piece that comes from the transfer case to the front - theres a ton of play in it - i can still drive it - but the truck hums like crazy

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
717 Posts
Whats loose the pinion flange or the front driveshaft u-joint?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was lowered but im not anymore - i do have a torque converter, servos, trans cooler, tune, intake, efans, and catback - is there anything that they would attempt to blame it on or rather just fix it and be done with it - ive brought my truck in a bunch of times with my mods and they haven't said anything

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats loose the pinion flange or the front driveshaft u-joint?
to be honest im not too sure - not really my department - but its the shaft coming from the transfer case - the mechanic said it might be the spider gears or something in them i dunno - but i know when he moved the shaft there was a ton of play in it - so i changed the oil anyways because it was def its time - just so they cant blame it on me not servicing it

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Possibly. Anytime you have a mods like that they could use it to get out of covering the repair.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
It turns out it was the front differential hub assembly and it was covered under warranty
What kinda "sound" does a bad front diff send out? I just had my truck at the dealer today for what i was told by another mechanic was my wheel hub bearing squealing.

I'm hearing a metal squeal, almost grind when i turn right. My dealer today told me my wheel hub bearing is fine and they were about to pull apart the front diff. Told me it would be 3 days - i said don't touch it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts