Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know were i can get the aftermarket tubular front crossmember..:wtf::wtf:.I know I am not crazy..I have seen it on here but can't find it ??:wtf:

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
Contact Left Coast '32. Go to the vendor section and go to left coast 32. There is a thread there with pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
joe(leftcoast32)has then in his site

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does the removal sequence matter?
I'm following Mike's instructions for install both the LC32 XBrace & Simple Engineering's Stiffening Plate.
I added the label references.

2. Remove the 4 10mm bolts that hold the Xbrace under the front of the truck (labeled 4 & 5) and the 2 additional bolts inboard of the rear of the Xbrace (labeled 8).

3. Remove the 4 15mm bolts (big fat ones) that hold the front alignment (labeled 1 & 2) and 2 of the 6 bolts that hold the rear half of the crossmember to the front half of the frame (labeled 7). These are the ones that are in the center of the 3 and go into nut plates on the forward half of the OEM crossmember.

4. Remove the remaining 2 long 10mm bolts (next to the 4 big ones removed in the previous step) that hold the plate in place (labeled 3).

Is this correct?

Attachments

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Why wont that work with AWD?

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
I had one on an AWD. It fits fine but obviously won't allow for the pan swap most do with it.
Yeah im not worried about swapping pans but I would like to have benefits of the crossmember... I was always under the impression it wouldnt fit but since it does, I might spend the money on it...

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Works with awd and 2wd... Been on my truck both ways. They are much lighter then stock and makes working on everything a much better.

Make sure you remove the wheels before the swap as well.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Have mine sitting in the garage waiting to go in now, should be installed in about 3 hours (fam stuff taking priority for the next little bit). Cant wait!

·
Registered
186 Posts
how did you bolt the rear service bar?

Did you place the bolt or nut inside the hollow cylinder?
if not, the bolt seems too short.

from the front, it seems like there are a couple options:
1. Bolt-head frame plate hollow-end washer nut

2. Bolt-head washer frame plate hollow-end nut

3. nut washer frame plate hollow-end bolt-head

4. nut washer frame plate solid-end bolt-head

5. Bolt-head frame plate solid-end washer nut

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Have mine sitting in the garage waiting to go in now, should be installed in about 3 hours (fam stuff taking priority for the next little bit). Cant wait!
Your 3hrs is almost up...:popcorn3:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts