Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
Thats messed up. Id take it to a shop and see what they say. Might need a new bumper cover. Unless they can heat it im and bend it back up, that would drive me nuts

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
Mine did that too. I put a bumper lip on mine to help cover it up lol

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Pull the bottom corners out some. If that helps loosen the bumper and try to tighten it up while it's being held

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
I wonder if it has those two little brackets? The early models didn't have them.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
Does it have the brackets? I just pulled my bumper off and noticed mine was like that, not as bad. Could never tell with the brackets on. I also have a lip too now though. I am not sure I would want a lip without the brackets, I would think it would make it sag pretty good. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
The way to fix that is to heat up then put it back to shape then throw cold water on it and fixed. That's how we do it at my shop.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Mine is the same, and has the brackets. I agree with forcefed, make a bracket or a strip of aluminum on the back side with some rivets. Nobody would ever see it. I tried heating mine once, had a small chunk of 2x4 on a jack to form as I heated. Was back to saggy in 3 days.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
197 Posts
Mine looks like that but it's also torn a few inches like someone backed up over something and ripped it

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it to a body shop and they said heat is the trick. They told me using a heat gun will fix it. Also no brackets at all

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Mine was like that. I drilled two holes in it and made a small bracket to support the shape I wanted. You can't see the bolts unless you are under it

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
293 Posts
Mine is the same!!! 08 AWD.....but when I took it too Autozone they told me that, the added drag creates a low pressure air mass near the exhaust manifold which in turn, helps keep the turn signals in sync. So I'm just going to leave it as is and hope the tuner can get me new wiper blades.
Corey

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
Mine is the same!!! 08 AWD.....but when I took it too Autozone they told me that, the added drag creates a low pressure air mass near the exhaust manifold which in turn, helps keep the turn signals in sync. So I'm just going to leave it as is and hope the tuner can get me new wiper blades.
Corey
Wtf are you smokin bro? I want some of dat shit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Wtf are you smokin bro? I want some of dat shit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing....someone is a bit lost

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

Reactions: 08HEAVYVETTE
1 - 16 of 16 Posts