Registered
212 Posts
Pretty cool. I noticed the front bumper 'sag' is worse in warmer weather

·
Registered
2007 Tbss AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I love how this looks. Good luck getting the headlights out without that gap though. Doesnt this create a gap between the bumper cover and the steel bumper?
Headlights are easy to take out , just have to slightly press down on the bumper, and between the plastic bumper and steel bumper there is a lot of play even before the kit is installed

·
Registered
2007 Tbss AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I want a set. How do I order? Where does payment go?
At the moment I’m out of kits until next week, I’ll message you as soon they are ready to ship, also I have PayPal, Zelle, and others

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Holy crap I was JUST pondering this issue the other day! As a previous auto body tech and painter (back in the day) I remember how Mercedes dealt with body gaps and wondered why we couldn't do something similar with the TBSS. Hell, even the old VW bugs had a beading that filled body gaps; surely we can do better than stock here.
DEFINITELY put me in line for a kit the minute they come in.
please e-mail: [email protected]
unless there is some other form of "getting in line"?

Kevin

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
336 Posts
I just installed mine. Looks way better.

The paper template is hard to get lined up perfectly so both pieces meet up. I suggest drilling a hole the size of the insert on the upper bracket and than carefully turn that hole into a slot being careful not to remove too much from the bumper because it’s on the very edge of the plastic. There’s more room to work with on the fender than on the bumper but I felt it was critical to get the fender position right and then force the bumper to that spot. My tabs were already compromised from multiple fixes over her 14yr and 130k life which I’m sure a lot of you on here are in the same boat. So get the bracket in the fender nice and fitted with some room to move but not much. I drilled a hole that was oversized (7/16”) on the second fender I did and that made it slip right in. Then you can use the slots on the bumper to get it lined up to the good fender position, centering the bumper is really key to get the loon right. Do the gap delete kit with everything loose and then when you get that right you can go back thru and reattach all the other mounts and adjust to the new position of the bumper. If I was to do it over I wouldn’t shave down the lip on the bumper like the directions say, that ultimately took material away from the area you need to drill and I couldn’t get any closer than what that lip dimension is because my front end had been tweaked in a minor front end collision, before I got it.

Don’t mean to sound negative, it’s a lot better than what I had before. My corner brackets were not attached well anymore. My bumper has been beat up a little. If yours is perfect this will work a lot better for you just don’t grind off the tabs for where to glue on the corner bracket. I ran out of room and had a corner pull out. It’s fine now but if it happens while driving I’ll need to figure out a way to get an insert glued to the bumper. Maybe some epoxy abs washers would do the trick, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Here are some pics.

Before

After stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
336 Posts
The headlights can get in and out with the bumper on. Takes some doing to get them out, going in isn’t that bad at all. The saving grace is that this headlight design is the easiest I’ve ever removed. If yours won’t slide spray some silicone on the slide tabs and you should be able to pop it. Once you get it just keep them lubed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,081 Posts
Put ne in for a kit, paypal info?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,081 Posts
Monies sent.

·