Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Washed, clayed, compounded, polished, and waxed the SS today. WAAAY more work than I realized I was getting into. The car looked "fine" from 10 feet away when it was clean and waxed, but any direct sun and you could see massive amounts of spiderwebbing and some holograms where some douche didnt know how to use a rotary.

Couple of pics in the sun to highlight the scratches (basically like this all over)

Couple of pics using an LED flashlight (sun went into hiding)

On this picture (BELOW), you can see where the door was repainted poorly. There is a "line" that goes through my forearm holding the camera. Its where the paint wasnt matched very well, or someone just EFFed it with a buffer. Ususally not noticeable until very close or in direct sunlight. This door was the worst, had holograms real bad from a rotary.

There is still some room for improvement, but I managed to get out about 90% of what I was looking to get rid of. I used: Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, then Pinnacle Advanced Polish, then Meguiar's MG #21 sealant. Not too bad for the first time i've ever tried this.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
God that looks good and god my truck needs some TLC

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Swirls and holograms are the biggest nemesis to a black car. Good job getting them out tho, nice job.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Wow!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! It's amazing what some product and some TLC can do :D

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
That is pretty damn impressive!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yep, damn nice!

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
586 Posts
my black car had these after a horrible detail, like yours, from a rotary in the hands of a novice. unfortunately my car was only 2 weeks old. i had to use a Yellow Lake Country CCS pad on my pc7424 with Meguiars Ultimate Compound (not sure which compound you used but the megs UC is insane) and man it came out good. Did you use a polish at all? i used the meg's #2 and it gave it a real DEEP gloss.. Glad all your hard work paid off. nothing worse than being done and thinking wtf did i just waist my time on? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts