Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just as the title says. Damn push lock fitting, hose popped off at 55mph. After burning my arm on one hot ass radiator trying to fix the line I was lucky I to have a half quart in the back. Needless to say I think el slushy is done.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,442 Posts
Maybe not, I burst a cooler hose on mine Monday on the freeway racing Nathan, lost 6 qts of trans fluid, exited the freeway, pulled over after it wouldn't creep anymore and had the wife bring trans fluid and some tools, buttoned it back up and it still drives fine 4 days later.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe there's still chance. I did the same except I had a 1/2 quart in the back I was able to throw in to idle my way home.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,442 Posts
I talked with Greg Ducato at Phoenix and he said I need to drop the pan and change fluid just to see if there is any material in the pan.... with 70K on it I'm sure there is just from normal wear and tear. Gotta do it this weekend and hopefully put in my Transgo HD2 kit.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Did the overheat trans warning come on? I think it'll be fine...there is logic in the programming to save itself when such issues come up. A fill and drain should be all you need.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer1SS
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No lights came on. Before I figured out what happened mashing the throttle wasn't a great idea but than again trusting push lock fittings was another bad idea.lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts