Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 Trailblazer SS
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one on the freeway today, and I was not impressed! I think its suppose to have that 6.2L other then that can anybody tell me what's so special about it?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I think they look bad ass with the baja style bed side and fenders.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Comes from the factory with 35's(I think) and like mentioned above 12 inches if travel. Watch out for the Velociraptor/jerk

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Raptors are pretty badass. Not fast, but stupid capable off road, especially at higher speeds.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
474 Posts
i test drove one and was very surprised on how well it rode on the highway also. I only drove one with the 5.4 so i dont know how the 6.2 power felt, but i was in a 2002F150 with the 5.4 and i was too disappointed with the power from the 5.4 that i passed on it and got my 06 TB SS for about 25 grand less haha

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
the 6.2 power isnt bad for the size its 6000lbs and has 315/70/17 off road tires so dont expect a ton out of it. i thought it did pretty well for the size down low, but not fast by any means i think i saw they do 6.5 0-60 and [email protected] 1/4 mile

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
the 6.2 power isnt bad for the size its 6000lbs and has 315/70/17 off road tires so dont expect a ton out of it. i thought it did pretty well for the size down low, but not fast by any means i think i saw they do 6.5 0-60 and [email protected] 1/4 mile
Have you driven one or are you just regurgitating shit you read on the internet?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,710 Posts
I heard Ford's 6.2 is based on GM'S LSX motors just like Chrysler's Hemi is based on the LSX.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Raptors are overpriced and grossly underpowered. For near $50K it should at least be a little quicker or already come supercharged, if you gave me one I'd definitely drive it but if I had to drop that kind of money on a truck I'd rather have a Sierra Denali.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Why not just buy the 5.4 and drop a supercharger on it with the money you saved...? Sure would be more than 26hp and 25tq.

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Love The looks of these trucks! Would never buy one but you got to give it props

1 - 20 of 23 Posts