Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini lift....Some Mini-Mal Mods...On a Mini-mal Timeline.

This is the Wifes Truck and We bought it new In November of '08 for her as a DD. I have always had intentions of doing some mods to it, but it seemed I was always modding and working on our other toy, the Non-DD TBSS. So I decided it was time to finally buckle down and change the looks of the truck. The Truck is a light DD, has only 22K on it in nearly 3 years, and sees only the fairly smooth streets of Dayton, OH so the goal was simple...Change the look, Change the stance.The Truck is a 2LT CC model, 20'' wheels with a decent options package

Goal 1 was to find some Wheels. We wanted to step up from the Factory 20's and we wanted to get an agressive type tire such as a Terra Grappler, yet we didnt want to trim anything. I also hate paying new Wheel money, so I scoured the FS sections of forums and Craigslist before we found a Set of 22' Matte Black Rockstars, but they are only on a 305/40/22 (32") tire. Tires can be changed, the price was right, so we bought the wheels. The Tire is a Nitto 420s whihch is still a good liooking Tire, so we will see how it looks installed.

Goal 2 , if you recall....I said I wanted these to fit with no Trimming, so I start asking questions about what lift to use on my budget, and also to meet the requirements of my just over 5' Tall wife. This is her truck, and she hates step bars, so I am limited to roughly 4'' of lift Max. I Looked at quite a few pictures, talked to a lot of members on GMFS.com, I took the advice all in before I decided on the SImple Total Performance 1.5'' Block Kit, which should net me roughly 3'' of lift and level the truck out.

Goal 3 was to change the look of the truck to have a better, more aggressive look to it. Im not 100% sure where this will go, but for now I have decided to Axe the Front Chrome Bumper Bar and Grill for color matched Items and a Different front end look with an aftermarket Grille and one of my special Bowties. So for these I picked up a WT bumper Bar and a Paramount paintable Grille. I am also going to clean up the rear tailgate by either removing or colormatching the Bowtie, removing all emblems except the silverado badge, and Color Matching the Rear Handle. I am also Having the Chrome rear bumper Endcaps wrapped in Color Matching vinyl so they can be returned to stock later if we so desire. I am actually doing all of the Colormatching myself as I do almost all of my own paint, custom, and bodywork since I dont trust anyone else to do it. I have sort of aquired many skills over the years of modding vehicles.

All of this, the physical modding, start today and the goal is to get it done as quickly as possible. I am sure I am forgetting a Ton of Info, but Ill do the best I can to provide pictures along the way and more info if needed. This is a Very simple build, but I thought I would share. Ill update as I go along.
Enjoy.

First shots of the new Stock Truck in '08

This is the Bowtie Ill be using

New Bumper, Grille and Bowties prepped for paint

Parts in Basecoat

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,029 Posts
Dude! Mods are coming along so far, can't wait to see the finished project!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
looks good. What kind of clear do you use?

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
That looks awesome man. Look forward to seeing what you do. My cousin just bought a 2010 it's a great truck. Subscribed

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
matt the truck looks great...

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Looks good. By chance when you bought the truck did you deal with my buddy Tod Heinze?

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Rockstars would set it off nicely.. subscribed!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Looks really good Matt. Wish I could paint.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Matt what did fenders measure out at? 2.5 level with 1.5 blocks right? Looks great BTW. More death star!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts