Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to get the fog lights to come on when the headlight switch is in auto mode. i dont have hid's nor to a never plan to. i know i could just push the button but i keep my headswitch in auto and always forget to turn on the fogs. thanks.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
119 Posts
YES....so easy and cheap...

just did this mod and it took all of 2 minutes, works beautifully! will post pics soon...thanks for all of those who helped...

to recap....

I put 35w 5000k HIDs from ddmtuning.com in my lows, highs, and fogs....

then I did the quad beam mod (Thanks to checo3423)

then i took some advice from jetttstream and Wrenched...

Remove connector from BCM, take off blue cover, then jumper like this:
E7 (pink) = = = = =[striped side]= = = = = [1N4003 DIODE]=====[non striped side]=====E11 (dark green/white)

Now I have done the 6 beam mod with 1 quick splice connector, 1 1n4003 diode, and about 3" of electrical tape...total cost is about $2.50. I love this forum. :D

I got the diode from radioshack (2 for 1.98 or something like that haha)

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im part retarded. that makes no sense to me. you cant do it at the headlight/fog light switch. what are the diodes for? I dont want my fogs on with my brights.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
119 Posts
Your fogs wont be on with your brights. This will only turn on the fog lights whenever your low beams are on, just buy a 1n4003 diode from radioshack:

1. Remove the cover from the BCM.

2. Pull the tan connector on the BCM under the rear driver seat. Remove the blue cover from the backside of the connector.

3. Jumper the diode from E7 (pink) = = = = =[striped side]= = = = = [1N4003 DIODE]=====[non striped side]=====E11 (dark green/white).

4. Reinstall the blue cover, plug the connector back in.

5. ENJOY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts