Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting in HIDs in the fogs, I had to take the bulb out and clean with alcohol because I got vaseline on the bulb during installation.

Tonight when I went to try out the new fogs, one side would go on without the other, then if I turned them off and back on, maybe the other side would go on. And the situation varied between which one was on and off. Sometimes both would go on. And they also seem to dim after heating up.

Would that be the bulb?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I would say so. Pick up a pair for backup. I would also clean out the connectors with a good electronic degreaser (MAF cleaner will work fine).

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ :rofl:

I know i'm pissed lol.

Oh, one question about the connectors: Is the plug coming from the ballast to the factory plug (mine was pinkish purple) supposed to go in the way it looks like it shouldnt? I know my headlight HIDs that plug had to go in where it looked upside down, and the little lip doesn't click in. Anyone know if that's the same with the foglights. Hopefully Mike (jettt) can chime in since I bought em from him :)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
^^ :rofl:

I know i'm pissed lol.

Oh, one question about the connectors: Is the plug coming from the ballast to the factory plug (mine was pinkish purple) supposed to go in the way it looks like it shouldnt? I know my headlight HIDs that plug had to go in where it looked upside down, and the little lip doesn't click in. Anyone know if that's the same with the foglights. Hopefully Mike (jettt) can chime in since I bought em from him :)
pretty sure if you put the connector in the wrong way the light won't come on at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts