Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
you can pick up the house of boost one for their procharger kit, bolts right in place!

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Not Procharger or STS but, here is a 22 x 8 x 3.5 Bell core. This is still mock-up but 95% it will stay up there, just finalizing piping & mounting. But I also have my radiator/condensor moved back 2.5".

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
who is doing the work for you rich?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Well most of it myself. I have some really good friends/shops to help with the welding. NASTYTRANSAM (Nate's Performance) did the radiator relocate and top notch work.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Nate is in Ft Wayne and does excellent work. Clean and functional.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Rich!

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Ted, they are dual SPAL fans. IIRC they are 1.25-1.5" narrower than the LS1 fans. Alvin sells a kit now that uses these fans. I also have the 1.5" RD radiator so that pushes them back another 1/2" or so (OEM radiator is only 7/8" thick). I wanted the best possible cooling setup with putting a 3.5" core in front of everything but it also had to clear my blower pulley/belt (dedicated drive for the blower).

Jeremy, hopefully one day I'll have it back on all 4 tires again, it's been down for toooo long, but you know that pain.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Id go with an A2W setup. IMO it's far better than A2A and conserves space and has an incredibly low pressure drop.

This is how I'm doing the twin turbo build on my vette.

:popcom:

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Not sure how you get that it conserves space and is far better. Yes typically the intercooler sizes are smaller, but sometimes they are 6" thick and/or cubes and that's just the cores. Precision PT1000 series is a great A2W and compact. But you also have to mount a heat exchanger, water reservoir, & pump. Pro's & Con's to both and have been beat vigoursly to death over the internet. All I can say is that I should have no issues with IAT's and properly sized A2A along with a little meth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts