Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using fluid wise in your front & rear diffs?
Synthetic or regular?
What grade?
How much does each take?

Reactions: Iron Indian

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
Redline 75w-90 it takes almost 4 total to fill the front and rear diffs. SouthernTBSS is correct on the rear diff and the front takes right around 1qt if I remember right.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just thinking about that & wondered.
Thanks Southern TBSS

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
Just make sure you don't add too much friction modifier, 2oz is plenty. The redline fluid already has some in it. If you use too much it will affect the way the limited slip diff works.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Go towww.GMpartsdirect.com for getting cheap prices on all GM stuff. Just go there an use the GM part number to get the price or you can manually look for your car part on the vehicle parts diagram directory for your vehicle.

This is the near gear oil recommended for the rear ends of our trucks. IT's the new purple stuff used by the Corvette. No friction modifier needed. It's all mixed in with the fluid and is the right stuff for our trucks.

I priced the Dexron LS 75w-90 gear oil using the part number 88862624 listed by everyone on the forum an got the price of $13.94 for each Quart plus shipping. Below is the cost of buying form GM Parts Direct. This is the stuff you should use. You'll need 4 quarts for the rear end.
Code:
Total Qty Ordered   Ext.Price   YOU SAVE   CoreCharge   Total
    4               $55.76      $48.48     $0.00        $55.76
                    Shipping & Processing & Handling:   $12.97
                                  Your Total Charges:   $68.73

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Yeah, where ever you want to find to buy it from. It is the recommended fluid for both front and rear diffs.

***If using DEXRON LS gear oil P/N 88862624, DO NOT add the limited slip additive to the axle.

GM P/N 88862624 for front and rear Differentials.

Capacity
Front Axle 0.8 liters (1.7 pints)
Rear Axle (5.5 pints)

Amazon for $15.61 a quart and free shipping. You can also buy the fluid pump to help get the fluid into the differential. I like my pump, saves from trying to pour it in!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the GM stuff synthetic?
I wanted to go with synthetic

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Is the GM stuff synthetic?
I wanted to go with synthetic
Yes, the GM P/N 88862624 is full synthetic. It is designed for high performance applications. It is what comes in the Corvette rear end from factory. It is the upgrade for us TBSS/Saab people for our diffs. It doesn't require the friction addictive either. Everyone who used it so far loves it, makes the rear end quiet down and the chattering when cornering go away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts