Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my HIDs installed. They are flickering. We went over all the connections, they are all tight. Voltage or current, I'm thinking is the problem. Can anyone tell me where to look first or replace. It looks like the factory wiring is about 22 guage and the HID wiring is more like 12 or 16. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
most will probly suggest the jettt stream drl killer and a grounding kit from either jettt or pcmforless

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what I completely forgot about that until you guys just said that. Also I am installing these into my wife's tahoe. Do you think I need the same for hers.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
yo what colors your truck? you are very close to me and Tom. If its Black i think i have seen you around.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup its Black. But there are a couple of other black ones. Theres one that looks real nice with chrome tubular step bars. I have tinted front windows, blacked out front end except for the chrome grills on the bottom corners. And the rear is tinted out as well. I can't say I have seen a red one though.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
If you turn the light switch to on, do they still flicker? You aren't getting full power with the automatic lights.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
They will only flicker when functioning as the daytime running lamps. In reference to the Tahoe, you should not have the same problem as the daytim running lights are separate...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
They will only flicker when functioning as the daytime running lamps. In reference to the Tahoe, you should not have the same problem as the daytim running lights are separate...
exactly. hids do not run as drls, as drls are at a low voltage. you need a drl killer. hids only run at full power

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
My drivers side fog keeps flickering like crazy after being on for a few minutes I cant figure out what it is any help guys? Im thinking its the ballast going bad its a ddm tuning kit so they should honor my warranty.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what it is. Thanks guys for you help. I can just keep my headlights on instead of getting a DRL killer right? Yes it will shorten the life of my bulbs but I'm not that worried about that. That would be the only side effect right?

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
If you turn your lights on, then you should be fine. Only using the DRL feature with less voltage will kill them.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
My drivers side fog keeps flickering like crazy after being on for a few minutes I cant figure out what it is any help guys? Im thinking its the ballast going bad its a ddm tuning kit so they should honor my warranty.
your ballast or bulb is dying. i can never tell the difference between the two lol try swapping the ballasts and see if the problem moves to the other side

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Will do thanks Zack, I had an idea thats what it was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you don't have to do the drl killer if you like your drls. I wired in a capacitor so that even in drl mode the hids get full power. The capacitor was $1.58 from radio shack and it works like a charm, no more flicker in mine anymore.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
if you have an 07+ then you have the option to flick the switch to the left to turn the DRLs off. Only problem is you have to do it whenever you turn the car on during the day. Or turn the lights on fully (2 clicks to the right)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts