Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 tbss awd and the front diff went. I had an aftermarket warranty on it so i took it to a local transmission shop who has a good reputation and actually just did the same job on my friends 08 tbss with half the mileage.

The truck was just finished so i went to pick it up and pay my part of the balance that the warranty did not cover. I go in the shop and the owner says "so thats your white truck? let me ask you a question, how the fuck do you drive that thing? it drives like complete shit, you need wheel bearings, ball joints and a steering rack."

I say I'm not sure what you talking about the truck drove fine other than the diff going. He just looks at me like I'm crazy and says no way that truck drives alright. Not knowing what he's talking about I went out to give it a test drive, after giving him the 1k the warranty didn't cover.

I get in the truck and go to take it around the block and the steering wheel is 3/4 turned to the right, the truck is literally swaying back and forth and has a crazy grinding from the front left. None of this was like this before my front diff went.

Now my question is what could have happened? i don't think these things could have just all failed within the one week being at the shop. did this guy not put the front end back together correctly? don't know where i stand with all of this or where to go from here. The truck is currently still there because i could barely make it around the block.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Did he get everything tight? The steering rack might have to be dropped or swung out of the way to get the diff out. It seems weird if it went in with no issues other than the front diff and came out that jacked up.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
well my take on it is that when removing the drivers side axle they couldnt get it out so they used a hammer to break the splines free. While doing this they destroyed the wheel bearing. When they dropped the diff they removed the steering rack and didnt get it centered back up when they reinstalled. I had this issue when I removed my oil pan. As for the ball joints, they probably smacked them with a hammer trying to break them free as well and did some damage. But thats just speculation

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Update to this? Been a month now...

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Sounds like this mechanic fucked up some parts trying to fix it...

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts