Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok taking it in for the first oil change tonight anything special i need to ask them to look at on it?? 70k miles??? Going to ask about the struts. Going to be there when they do it. Taking my hooker off my silverado tonight too. anything i should look for under the tb. any fluids i should check??

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
That is correct. And I have a separate-than-stock oil pressure gauge as well and the results are awesome at a WOT blast.

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure do these run synthetic from factory, would it be suggested to or just 5w30? i think that's what the knob said???

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
Not sure do these run synthetic from factory, would it be suggested to or just 5w30? i think that's what the knob said???
Yes they come with Mobil 1 full synthetic from the factory.

Since you just got the truck, so you know how many miles is on all the fluid replace:
Front and rear diff fluid
Transfer case fluid
Transmission fluid and filter

That way you know how many miles are on everything.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,857 Posts
-Check for leaks at front diff pinion/ yoke. (mine has leaked twice, seal replaced twice)
-Might as well check the rear one and where both yokes go into the transfer case.
-Check for leaks around the rear of the oil pan. It may even look like the rear main crank seal is leaking, but in most cases its the rear oil pan gasket. (This happened to mine as well.)
-Like others have said, 6.5qts Mobil 1 or an equivalent Fully synthetic name brand oil.
-Change trans fluid, tranfer case fluid, both diff fluids, brake fluid flush, and coolant flush (Go back with Dex-cool).
-Struts could possibly be worn by now. I'd go with something better than OEM. Like Belltech/ KW. The cheaper replacement struts are not going to ride better than oem. The rear shocks should be replaced at the same time as the fronts.
-Also check all inner/ outer tie rods, balljoints, and hub bearings for excessive play.

Good luck man!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts