Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS AWD
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really that great of a kill, but finally got to run something in the SS. Looked to be a brand new Dodge 1500 Hemi (Seen the badges). Looked stock w/ the sport package(all painted bumpers and duals out the back).

I was just cruising in the left lane, passed a few cars and seen one shoot out behind me as i passed. We were in a bad spot, so i wasnt trying to play around till things opened up. He kept driving like a tard. So we end up @ a light together and i knew he was gonna go for it, but 100 ft up theres a uphill sweeping left turn, so no point in going for it.

Light goes green he chirps and goes for it, i go normally and im expecting to get him right after the turn. He goes to fast, couldnt make the turn and completely crossed lanes. I let him get back in his lane, then went WOT from 2 cars back or so, by time i hit 3rd he was at my back bumper. Put 4+ cars or so on him quickly then had to slow to make my turn.

So guess it doesn't always work out for the hemi guys like it does in the commercials. :p Dodges website says they make 390 Hp / 400 or so Tq.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
I've raced one with a CAI and handheld and on the highway my SLOOOOOW downshifts (saving that tranny though!) made it anyone's game, but when I left it in second, he never had a chance. Also ate him alive from a dig. Now I have a few more goodies, maybe I should find the guy again... They run a lot better than the last "hemi" Dodge came out with though. Sound good stock as well. I like them, but yeah, we take them pretty handily, and kudos for taking the high road when he was driving like an idiot.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Sounds like a nice little run to me. Congrats but be careful on the streets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts