Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s some of the first things I should do to my ss? Recently picked up a 06 AWD, and want to get it just a little bit quicker. It’s got a K&N filter on it and a 1 inch lowering kit currently.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,513 Posts
The first thing you need to do is set a goal. You can get some idea of the options by looking at **Official 1/4 Mile Fast List** Once you know your gi\al you can make upgrades that lead towards that goal even if you don't do everything at the same time. Headers and a tune would be a good start as for most builds you will want headers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first thing you need to do is set a goal. You can get some idea of the options by looking at Official 1/4 Mile Fast List Once you know your gi\al you can make upgrades that lead towards that goal even if you don't do everything at the same time. Headers and a tune would be a good start as for most builds you will want headers.
Thank you so much, I found that list very helpful. I think I want to go for around 500 horsepower and might just do headers intake and tune and see how far that gets me. I appreciate your help.

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
68 Posts
Thank you so much, I found that list very helpful. I think I want to go for around 500 horsepower and might just do headers intake and tune and see how far that gets me. I appreciate your help.
Congrats on your purchase. Along with the previous upgrades add a trans cooler or a built trans because these trucks came with weak transmissions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your purchase. Along with the previous upgrades add a trans cooler or a built trans because these trucks came with weak transmissions.
Thank you so much. I was very lucky, it already has a built transmission and the oil pickup tube relocated. I don’t know exactly how much horsepower it’s capable of handling but I do know my goal should be well within the limits.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Fix the oil starvation problem. Oil pump relocation tube from pcmofnc. I'd hate to see you spin a bearing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts