Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
What exactly are you saying? The police in those areas more than likely adapted to the residences type of attitude and crime levels they face. What is true or not in that article about these "bad" cops? How do we know this isn't more media hype once again? Sorry, but a specific society of people are killing cops left and right. Who are they to make judgement on the streets. This causes us to want to make judgement on the streets. The circle will continue until the killings stop between the community and police.

Don't get me wrong, there are police out there that need reform, but doesn't give another the right to kill police randomly.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

Reactions: ssam98 and KA47

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Trust me when I tell you its hard work on those bad streets, very hard to tell from friend foe.
Yep. The job consumes ones life away from ones self, family and friends. That's a fact. Then we are constantly being criticized and exploited by the media with this bad image.

Some people think they have a hard job. Try mine for a week. Watch your back, record all calls, reports for everything, a different process for everything, life flashes before your eyes with nothing but thoughts of your family, anxiety sets in, stress levels through the roof, encounter the crazies, work minor accidents, major accidents, work DOAs, encounter evaders, encounter murders, thieves, robbers, rapists, weapons disturbances, shots fired while you're on scenes and then right back to placing your head back on a swivel watching your back. Then get ready for the extra job because your pay is shit for the job you do. Leave the extra job and get ready to go back in to work.

Time for family and recreational activities...little to none.

This media knows nothing. Today's society makes the cop. Some officers have high end areas of patrol and don't encounter much. The cops who get assigned the rough areas and hoods have to adapt. This makes them act differently and have to portray a different attitude. Any officers that work or have worked the hoods and wards know what I'm talking about. I'd laugh at that officer who tried to be nice who is not adjusted to rough areas of crime.

People have no idea what our lives are like.....

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts