Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck isn't the fastest thing around but I will race anybody, and last night I suffered my first loss on the street. I pulled up next to a Skyline GTR im not sure if he had any mods, but I thought I had a chance cuz the road was a little wet but I didn't. The light turned green and I don't think he ever stopped pulling away until he let off..haha. So I got home and did a little research to find out that car is AWD which is why the wet road didnt have to much of an affect and it has over 480hp... And doesnt weight as much, still fun never the less

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
was it one of the new ones? cause they run 11's bone stock!

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like this only Black..Im not sure the year..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
yup! its a new one! they're fast! not to mention sexy too!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Those are stop light monsters with the awd and gearing they have. Not so much up top...kinda like us hah.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yup!

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
To put things into perspective, the ZR1 hits 0-60 in the 3.3 range and the GTR gets there in the 3.6 range. If you are going to be taken out, you might as well get taken out by one of the fastest, newest production cars out:biggrin2:

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it left that light with a purpose.

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
....had the SAME THING happen to me after work yesterday; only difference it was another SS that whipped tha shit outta me. From the light he pulled me & kept on pulling(I could tell he had some MAJOR work done)....I feel your pain, homey; doesn't really matter though, there's always something out there thats quickier just like there's always something out there thats slower--its all relative. Besides that SS, I was still the fastest car/suv on that block at that time:D....oh well, on to the next race:cheers1:....

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plus I spent alot less money.

·
No mods honey, I swear...
TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
The GT-Rs are no joke, honorable death.

I was lucky enough to take a ride in one that had bigger downpipes, exhaust, and a tune and it made my GTO feel like an absolute turd. The power delivery on it is smooth as butter. 0-120mph happens so quickly you don't even notice how fast you are going.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
The two turbos on those cars make it nasty and not to mention the launch button they have. My buddy sold his but bone stock he was 11s all day in hot ass weather.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
531 Posts
I have a buddy who is a nissan master tech/certified to work on the GT-R and he was saying that on the early ones that if you used the launch control the computer logged it so when you took it to the dealership it showed up and would void your factory warranty. I guess there fix was to get rid of the option to use it, like no more button. I thought it seemed a little strange but he had no reason to lie about it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
175 Posts
I have a buddy who is a nissan master tech/certified to work on the GT-R and he was saying that on the early ones that if you used the launch control the computer logged it so when you took it to the dealership it showed up and would void your factory warranty. I guess there fix was to get rid of the option to use it, like no more button. I thought it seemed a little strange but he had no reason to lie about it.
I heard the exact same thing. Word was that the trans was weak and would likely let go if the launch control was used a few times, and on a $20k transmission, that's less than comforting.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
My truck isn't the fastest thing around but I will race anybody, and last night I suffered my first loss on the street. I pulled up next to a Skyline GTR im not sure if he had any mods, but I thought I had a chance cuz the road was a little wet but I didn't. The light turned green and I don't think he ever stopped pulling away until he let off..haha. So I got home and did a little research to find out that car is AWD which is why the wet road didn't have to much of an affect and it has over 480hp... And doesn't weight as much, still fun never the less
Those cars are no joke!

To put things into perspective, the ZR1 hits 0-60 in the 3.3 range and the GTR gets there in the 3.6 range. If you are going to be taken out, you might as well get taken out by one of the fastest, newest production cars out:biggrin2:
:iamwithstupid:

I have a buddy who is a Nissan master tech/certified to work on the GT-R and he was saying that on the early ones that if you used the launch control the computer logged it so when you took it to the dealership it showed up and would void your factory warranty. I guess there fix was to get rid of the option to use it, like no more button. I thought it seemed a little strange but he had no reason to lie about it.
I was told by a tech I know up here, that lawsuits were on the way from some of the car owners. Why would they put that damn button in the car, and tell the owners how it enhances the performance of the car, then void the damn warranty if you touched it? Really?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
531 Posts
I was told by a tech I know up here, that lawsuits were on the way from some of the car owners. Why would they put that damn button in the car, and tell the owners how it enhances the performance of the car, then void the damn warranty if you touched it? Really?
So they could get awesome numbers to sell the car

1 - 20 of 27 Posts