Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever see final production numbers for the SS? The latest one I found was only about 2-3 months into 2008. Which year was the most limited, and which color was the most limited during each of the 4 years?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
gm made every one they could sell..

there are NO ACCURATE production numbers that i have seen... the websites that are out there saying 1 of 10 1 of 20 are just glorafied guesstimates....

id say silver, black, and white are the most common..

red, and both blues will be the rarest, with black granite thrown somewhere in between.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,972 Posts
Did anyone ever see final production numbers for the SS? The latest one I found was only about 2-3 months into 2008. Which year was the most limited, and which color was the most limited during each of the 4 years?
Good luck with your search. This topic has come up several times, and no one that I know of has been able to find the real numbers. It will be even tougher now because our plant in Moraine, OH is now closed. One of the guys I know who use to own a TBSS, still works for GM, and has a good friend who worked in our plant and he still couldn't get the real numbers. The rest of us are curious as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts
Mod please check last post for spam, properties of link are: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php, guy only has one post so far, little suspicious and don't want someone getting a goofy virus.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been wondering about this as well. It's always nice to know if you have a "rare" vehicle or not.

If some crusty dude living in a cardboard box can find a combo 8-track/tissue holder for a 1 of 5 Hemi Cuda convertible then we should be able to find out how many TBSS's were made.......wouldn't you think? :dunno: Just sayin.....

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
our trucks were not limited enough to be worth anything...

its a mass produced truck, with a pair of s's slapped on it...

production is as follows...

2006-alot
2007- little more than alot
2008-bout the same as more than alot
2009-whatever gm had left but still alot.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
im not trying to be a jerk... but they didnt LIMIT production in anyway on these... it was... how many orders we get... is how many we will build...
by orders do you mean how many "customers" ordered them from a dealership? or how many orders gm sent out to have built?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
no, i mean, how ever many dealers ordered them for stock units on the lot, or how many customers ordered them for purchase...

gm does not put in orders for a certain amount of cars..

gm only limits production total on the car... i.e. pace cars, anniversary cars (camaro's, trans am's, corvettes) stuff like that... where it is a pre determined production run..

like the 89 pace car trans am's... 1555 were built... thats it... no more...

gm will build as many as they get an order for be it from a dealer, or a customer...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
What year do you think has the most? I see a bunch of 06s

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS
4,581 Posts
Thanks for posting that up there Jim... I was just getting ready to hit the search button and i was glad when i saw your post that I did not have to go back and search... These #'s were given to me by a guy that works in GM's corporate office ....he was privy to this info and was also trying to find out additional info such as how many black , white blue etc .... I never did followup after a few months of checking with him and the last time i spoke to him he said that he had to go through the files and add everything up there was not an area he could go to in there database that would give him this info at a stroke of a key so I will shoot him an email for the heck of it just to see if he ever came up with anything ...

Mark (Ultimate Fighter) had some info from a few years back in the link below. That same information was over on Trailvoy as well and was posted by someone claiming to have access to that information. I'll see if I can dig up that thread.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7872&highlight=production+numbers

Trailvoy link below:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=37950&highlight=production+numbers

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2007
236 Posts
When I went shopping this past year for mine. Tons of 2006 I mean lots. A bit more 2007's I think i found 3 or 4 2008's. And zero 2009's no dealer in Ontario and Quebec Canada had 1 for sale new or used. I spoke to my GM buddy. He said he tried searching for Canada wide he found 10 new 2009's. They closed 200 plus dealers in Canada. So Slim demand. I still can't believe I found a red one. And the extreme blazer in my picture. Never sold in Canada ever. Pretty sad up here.

·
itsstock
TrailblazerSS
2,859 Posts
no, i mean, how ever many dealers ordered them for stock units on the lot, or how many customers ordered them for purchase...

gm does not put in orders for a certain amount of cars..

gm only limits production total on the car... i.e. pace cars, anniversary cars (camaro's, trans am's, corvettes) stuff like that... where it is a pre determined production run..

like the 89 pace car trans am's... 1555 were built... thats it... no more...

gm will build as many as they get an order for be it from a dealer, or a customer...
3 of these are sitting at my work. my boss has one and the owner has 2. they say about half have been wrecked. sorry kinda off topic just thought id share...nobody prolly even cares:burp:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts