Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a '2 cowl steel hood for my 2009 trailblazer ss. Has anyone had any problems with fiberglass hoods buckling from under hood temps?

I live in NC where ambient temps can be just about 100 degrees easy. Combine that with the heat produced by a Maggie 2300 and you got yourself a fiberglass cookoff.

If anyone knows of any shops in NC that could modify my hood with a '2 cowl that would be great also.

Thanks 馃憤

Premium Member
Sold
Just pony up and buy the cross coast hood that someone else is manufacturing after Scott passed away. It fits perfectly and looks awesome.

I ran the carbon fiber one for years in NC with zero problems on several Procharger builds North of 700 rwhp

Search this forum. There are hundreds of pics of them around here.

Registered
TrailblazerSS06
I am looking to purchase a '2 cowl steel hood for my 2009 trailblazer ss. Has anyone had any problems with fiberglass hoods buckling from under hood temps?

I live in NC where ambient temps can be just about 100 degrees easy. Combine that with the heat produced by a Maggie 2300 and you got yourself a fiberglass cookoff.

If anyone knows of any shops in NC that could modify my hood with a '2 cowl that would be great also.

Thanks 馃憤
Same color as my TBSS.

Thanks 馃憤

Thanks 馃憤

Attachments

Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks great bro 馃憣

That's the hood I wanted but I have not been able to find anyone that makes it. Do you have a contact for me for that hood? I just about have that same setup under the hood you have. Is that the Maggie 2300?

Text me
Pete

Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks great bro 馃憣

That's the hood I wanted but I have not been able to find anyone that makes it. Do you have a contact for me for that hood? I just about have that same setup under the hood you have. Is that the Maggie 2300?

Text me
Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts