Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got home last night from a trip to our warehouse in Boulder Colorado. Went out for a few reasons, mainly to nail down the final version of our new aggressive polish/pad combo. More on that in a moment, but lets start this off the right way.

A customer dropped this beauty off for us, we had detailed it a few weeks ago and now hes decided to sell it. Mario and I were handed the keys so it got a quick wash and cleanup then we enjoyed a jaunt up into the local hills (making sure to drive past the college :yay2: ) then stopped at a nice turnout to snap pics for the listing. $150,000 and shes all yours

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now onto the product testing.

This car was never gonna win any beauty contest... 27k miles of pretty much no love / no wax in nasty colorado winters and this thing was simply hammered. Great subject to put the finalized version of Adam's Mean Green Polish thru its paces, finalize pad design, and verify the new product worked well with both the flex and the PC.

So heres our subject *Warning - If you hate neglected cars you may want to look away now*

Jose was kind enough to knock out a quick wash so we could get this thing inside and get down to testing. Adam took on the clay bar portion of our endeavor

A couple of areas were designated for various testing purposes.

Mario took first crack

[

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I took on a different variation on the hood

Everyone got in on the testing and observations including our flex rep

Once we had come to a final conclusion on product testing the car was then knocked out using the new GREEN>ORANGE>WHITE process and pulled outside for a final look. We weren't going for 100% correction simply b/c this car was a test mule, but we got it to about 85%. The heavy key marks and pitting were beyond even saving with wet sanding.

After correction the car got a coat of Americana, the glass was hit with Brilliant Glaze, and the interior got a vacuum, clean, and conditioning.

Jose threw down a generous helping of Super VRT on the tires

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Nice! I got another perfect test for it if you want to sell some ASAP! The body guy that did my underhood fender work covered the paint with heavy stock paper before he went to work...well the paint was dirty, so now I have heavy rub/scratch marks all over the passenger front fender...I know I can get it worked out with the right material, but I doubt SHR + Yellow Pad will quite do it!

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
lookout mountain... Great restaurant up the street from there. Beautiful view of Boulder at night as well! Great spot and day for an afternoon cruise! :cheers1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts