Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends at tbss!

I have a tbss with some work done to it. The other day I was driving just find(as we all say) and I stopped by a store. When i went to start it just cranks and cranks. No fuel @ valve on rail. After basic diagnostics I checked the FC2's fuses and both the 25a on pump1 and the 30a on pump2 were blown. Sweet! I changed them, it still doesnt get fuel and only cranks. Re-check fuses, the 25a fuse is blown and the 30a isnt. I realize that there is no inline 100a or 80a fuse from battery to the FC2 controller on the 4ga POS wire. I wont name the reputable shop that installed this item without the mfg INCLUDED inline fuse but...are my pumps or fc2 controller toast or is there something else i can check?

Checked:
Battery
Fuses in box
Fuses in FC2
FC2 ground connection
FC2 12v+ connection
12v Relay from fuse box to FC2 sends good signal with ign. on(2sec read)
no CEL

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
32 Posts
If the fuses on the Fore box are popping, it implies there is a short downstream of box ( from the FC2 to the pumps). It's very suspicious that both pumps can fail at the same time.

Unless...one pump was already dead and you have been driving on one pump for a while!

I assume both pumps are on constant with the key. Versus one pump controlled by a Hobbs switch.

Time to trace wiring routed to the tank to see if it is cut / pinched that could take out both pumps simultaneously.

Otherwise, if you suspect the pumps died one at at time...check the installed depth of the pumps in the tank. If they are installed with the socks smashed against the bottom, the pumps over heat and burn up. You can tell because the fuel filter and the socks are dark with fine glittery residue like powdered pencil lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts