Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS AWD
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I would like to know who has run fastest with stock trans. Both 2wd and awd. Stock I mean not professionally built. It could have converter, servos or some other minor mods.
Also who has ran fastest with stock converter?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Why?

And Its not a matter of fast.....You can go fast on a stocker, its a matter of how long will it last.
Exactly. It means nothing unless you are trying to start some new record category for spraying a 200 shot on a stock trans and having it live long enough to make two passes.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Well, I haven't been to the track as of yet, but i'm pushing out 521HP / 546TQ AWD at the wheels, rolling on 22's, on a completely stock trans and stock converter. I should be mid-high 11's.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Well, I haven't been to the track as of yet, but i'm pushing out 521HP / 546TQ AWD at the wheels, rolling on 22's, on a completely stock trans and stock converter. I should be mid-high 11's.
A similar AWD out here went 11.7 @ 114 with those dyno numbers +/- 10awhp/tq in 2400 ft DA. The trans was built and there was no Tq management, but the trans it self being built wouldn't make him slower or faster. The TQ management may hold you back a bit.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
My best run at 8# of boost and a slipping 6-rib setup was [email protected], but one day i'll know for sure.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Oh Yeah, Most Importantly Of All, I'm running double torque management.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
My truck went into the 11's on stock trans with servos. It would have lived a lot longer if I had a window switch for the nitrous so I could cut it off on the gear shifts. It eventually burned up the clutch pack and would shift out to 3rd without slipping.

Now even with a built trans I dont spray above 6200rpm and let it shift out on just the power the motor is making.

Stock trans will hold a good amount of power, especially if you run torque management or run a window switch for the nitrous.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
My truck went into the 11's on stock trans with servos. It would have lived a lot longer if I had a window switch for the nitrous so I could cut it off on the gear shifts. It eventually burned up the clutch pack and would shift out to 3rd without slipping.

Now even with a built trans I dont spray above 6200rpm and let it shift out on just the power the motor is making.

Stock trans will hold a good amount of power, especially if you run torque management or run a window switch for the nitrous.
:iamwithstupid:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts