Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today Kyle made the 2+ hour trip up to the shop to get his truck dyno tuned by us for his recent modifications.

His truck came to us with only a few mods but in need of a tune to compliment them and we are all very happy with the results

2006 2wd TBSS
K&N intake
Pacesetter headers with catless ypipe
Borla replacement muffler
Stock over the axle pipe with stock resonator
Stock otherwise (stock fan, stock tstat, stock pulley, stock plugs, etc etc etc)

Final power number 369.47HP/387.93TQ

Now for comparison here is a typical stock 2wd truck on our dyno vs this truck

Very impressive results for very little mods. This will be a very strong running truck when it comes summer time :idhitit:

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Very nice, 40+ WHP/ 60+ TQ over stock. I wonder what kind of numbers it would have with a 4" intake and efans.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
That's pretty impressive. In fact, it's more than I made with my mods. I made 366rwhp

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A fastmotorsprts dual efans kit and a Fastmotorsports 4" intake are next on the list for power mods... to compliment the FMS 11" converter, FMS trans cooler and FMS shift kit that will be put in as well.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
What were the baseline #'s?

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That's pretty impressive. In fact, it's more than I made with my mods. I made 366rwhp
Brett trucks just slow... You dynoed on +2,000 DA also.... In all nice numbers

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What were the baseline #'s?
We dont have baseline number for this exact truck. It came to us with the mods on it already. The first pull today was 349/360 then I worked the tune over till the numbers repeated themselves on run 4 and run 5 which run 5 was better by .1 and .2 overall.

However, the second graph posted is a typical bone stock 2wd tbss on our dyno. We have seen as low as 305/315 and as high as 330/335 in completely stock form. So I pulled an average of stock files and posted that graph for comparison.

There is no denying that the torque numbers are killer for the minor mods done and the HP is stellar for what it actually done to the truck.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Strong

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Thanks again brandon i am more than satisfied. We need to set up a date to get the trans/efan done.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
499 Posts
So today Kyle made the 2+ hour trip up to the shop to get his truck dyno tuned by us for his recent modifications.

His truck came to us with only a few mods but in need of a tune to compliment them and we are all very happy with the results

2006 2wd TBSS
K&N intake
Pacesetter headers with catless ypipe
Borla replacement muffler
Stock over the axle pipe with stock resonator
Stock otherwise (stock fan, stock tstat, stock pulley, stock plugs, etc etc etc)

Final power number 369.47HP/387.93TQ

What would you think the results would have been if you did this in 90-95 degrees out side?

Now for comparison here is a typical stock 2wd truck on our dyno vs this truck

Very impressive results for very little mods. This will be a very strong running truck when it comes summer time :idhitit:
What do you thing the results would have been if you dynoded it during the summer when it is 90 degrees out and high hymididy? sorry about the spelling just triing to get you before yoiu log off.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In theory correction factor is suppose to level the planning field.

For example the "uncorrected" numbers were actually higher. They were ~375.xx/395.xx

Also, the reference dyno posted were results from a stock truck that was dyno'd last month in the same weather conditions.

So results should be within 1-2% even if the truck was done in non-ideal conditions.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
The interwebz is serious business.

That k&n intake wasn't killing your truck putting it into the record books

:dunno:
What record books is Greg's truck in?

1 - 20 of 193 Posts